3dMax Export to GMT Weird stuff?

mschreiner

Hello,
I have a track model that is all set up in 3DMax 10 with standard materials. Looks great!

Now to do a quick test I created 1 base GMAT and applied it to all objects to test the exporter to GMT files.

The results are strange as objects are not placed correctly like they are with the original model in MAX.
It is like the track and infield are shifted to one location and the grand stands to another and they are not lined up like they should be.

Any ideas at all why this would happen? Are there some things I need to do to the original model to prevent them from moving when exported to GMT's?

Messing with RF1 plugins first to test and plan on moving to RF2 once I get this down a little better.

Thanks for any answers in advance!

Mike

When I first exported the project I was working on I had attached non realroad objects to realroad objects, it creates that parallax. Broke out all grass and terrain to their own objects.

Seems his max was setup for inches which normal can cause all kinds of fun. Not 100% if that was the issue, waiting for him to export something and see.

Also, his pivot points were all out of wack. They were pointing in all kinds of directions. Once I attached objects to a newly created box, it seemed to have sorted it... for now.

Back