iRacing’s 2024 Season 2 Update Adds Rain, Four Cars, Three Tracks

RSC

Master of Web
Staff member
Earlier this month iRacing released their season two update for their service, adding four new cars, three new tracks, adding four existing tracks to the base package, splitting the road license in two, improving damage effects on multiple vehicles, adding AI to 11 new track configurations and, most notably of all, bring wet weather to the product for the first time. It really is a fantastic game-changing update for the developer. Back in 2010 when I left iRacing to go and work at Image Space Incorporated I was shown their wet weather technology in their Ann Arbor, Michigan office. I

Back in 2010 when I left iRacing to go and work at Image Space Incorporated I was shown their wet weather technology in their Ann Arbor, Michigan office. I couldn’t have imagined that it would take iRacing more than 12 years (rFactor 2 was publicly released in 2012) to release wet surfaces and a dynamic drying line
I love reading news at RSC and finding stories like this one inside. Thank you for all your work, Tim!

Back