Activation Button Not Working

Speedude1320

Built a desktop after playing on my laptop for a while. Downloaded rFactor, installed, tried to activate. Enter code, enter email, press activate and nothing happens. Tried lite download, full download, uninstalled, reinstalled. What am I missing?

Any Antivirus software installed? Maybe that blocks the internet-connection for rFactor.

Any Antivirus software installed? Maybe that blocks the internet-connection for rFactor.

Ran it as administrator and disabled the antivirus, uninstalled and redownloaded, reinstalled, same outcome. So I don't believe so.

What i definitly know is, that some Freeware-Versions of AV-softwares like Avira or Bitblocker have blocked internet-access of some executables.
And the only thing to get rid of the blocking was to UNINSTALL these softwares. Just deactivating was not enough!!

Maybe you try that option, to uninstall your AV-Software if it's a freeware.
If you have a full version, try to manually give the rFactor-executable full access to connect to the internet in the firewall settings of the AV-software.

Full uninstall of antivirus, new download. No activation. If I hit activate with no code or no e-mail, I get an error message, but when I I enter everything correctly. it doesn't get rid of the error message.

You get the same error-message no matter if you fill the fields or you let them empty?

That sounds strange, did you contact the SUPPORT?

Yep, contacted support, they pointed a finger at antivirus, I'm less than convinced at this point.

Just to try it out, i've downloaded the Full Online-Version from THIS site.

When i start it, leave all fields empty and click on "ACTIVATE", i get this Error-Message: "
ERROR - Registration code is not the correct"

When i fill in a fantasy key and email i get this:
"Waiting for response..."
And after that i get this:
"Invalid key (no dashes were found)."

Is that the same you get?
If not, what is different?

I also am having issues activating and I also have removed firewalls and antiviris which is full version avast.

Ok works on windows 7 fine but windows 8.1 no go. So my guess is no support for windows 8.1

Last edited:
Ok works on windows 7 fine but windows 8.1 no go. So my guess is no support for windows 8.1

I don't think so. I guess if it wouldn't work with Win8.1 it wouldn't open or crash or something like that.
But when it opens and you don't get a response when trying to activate, there must be wrong something else, like "something is blocking internet access" or you use the older version with the wrong activation-routine....

I don't know, it's always hard to solve such problems without access to the machine where it happens but i'm pretty sure it is something caused by your installed software, settings....

Back