Activation key when bought through another seller

_J_

Hi, I've bought rFactor from Amazon, and have received no activation key from the seller. They should have been e-mailed have this key, I assume. I was wondering if anyone else had similar problems, or how their seller went about giving them the CD key, or did most people buy straight from rFactor website?

Thanks, J

If it's the DVD version it should not require an unlock code. If it's the old CD version, I think the unlock code is typically inside the case somewhere. If you do get a code and try it and it's already been used, you should try to get a refund. Out-of-date unlock codes are yet another issue when buying the old CD version.

Thanks for your fast reply! I have the DVD version, and was jumping to incorrect conclusions. It all works fine now. Thanks :)

I have an invoice from Amazon regarding my purchase in June 2008 of the following: 1 of: rFactor V. 1.255 [CD-ROM] [Video Game]
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC...

I looking inside the case, no code there. I've been looking for the manual that came with it, can't find it. I've search my email for the code, have not found it...

Is it possible to have the code reissued/emailed to me? I have the invoice with purchase order number, date, and other info on it from Amazon on it.

I am going to buy rFactor 2 as soon as it comes out, but I may need to reinstall my current version to fix a track loading crash problem I am having that I mentioned in another post here today...

Can I get the Activation Code again somehow???

Mike

@Michael Vance

If you have a disc with version 1255, it isn't a CD version because it would never fit on a CD. The DVD version shouldn't require any code. Given you have installed mods/addons etc, it doesn't sound like you need a code since if the game was in demo mode you wouldn't be able to run the mods/addons. So if you didn't enter a code back in 2008 to get rfactor running back then, you won't need one now or in the future.

The manual is located in your rfactor/support folder.

Yes, you are correct, of course, it is a DVD, saw that on the disk itself just now. My invoice from Amazon says CD, not DVD..must have been a mistake on Amazon... At any rate, thanks for the info. I really like slamin the Porsche 914/6 around the longest version of the Virginia track. A lot of turns and hills, makes for exciting driving. Great sim, rFactor...

I was looking for the manual cause sometimes the code is on the manual.

I suppose I don't need a code...I don't recall, it's been a long time since I installed it.

Take care,
Mike

Back