Activation not doing anything

bobthebanana

I'm trying to activate my copy of rFactor1, but after entering my product key and email and pressing the activation button, nothing at all happens. I've tried waiting for over an hour to see if something would happen to no avail. It's not frozen or anything; I can still press the demo button to load the game, it's just that nothing seems to happen when I press the activation button.

If it makes a difference, I ordered the game many years ago (when rFactor2 was a rumor and rFactor1 was just called rFactor) and have re-activated it over 5 times and had to email to get 5 more keys (hard drive failures, new OS's, new computer). However I'm pretty sure I haven't used up all 5 activation keys in the current group.

Edit: I forgot to say that I'm running 64-bit windows 7. Maybe it's a problem?

Last edited:
Have you upgraded to 1255c? The latest that runs under Win7. http://rfactor.net/web/rf1/ You will need to contact them as they now take care of purchasing themselves.

"This removes the external company managing purchasing and activation of the product, and instead is managed by ISI. Everything else, including the activation policies, remains unchanged from the old 1255."

Back