Acutely low FPS in-game

ZipZap

I'm not exactly sure why this happens, but I assume it has something to do with the amount of mods that I have. I don't know the exact number, but I at least have 20 different mods installed; a quarter of them I don't really use at all.

Whenever I start a race in game, I get no more than 5 fps, which makes the car unplayable. For some reason, though, whenever I switch to AI mode, where the AI takes over the controls of my car, the FPS goes to +60 points. If I play the game long enough in one session, the fps would slowly increase to its normal value.

Again, I assume the reason why this occurs is because I have too many mods installed, so I want to remove them. Problem is... I don't know how.

Did you mean to post in the rFactor 1 section, or rF2?

The number of mods you have won't affect FPS. Has this always happened? Or just recently? Are your PC and controller specs up to date? More info is required.

Did you mean to post in the rFactor 1 section, or rF2?

The number of mods you have won't affect FPS. Has this always happened? Or just recently? Are your PC and controller specs up to date? More info is required.

I always post in the right forums.
I've had rFactor 1 since... earlier this year, maybe? And a few months ago, it started to take place. I want to say it was back in May, probably.
And yes, my hardware is up-to-date.

Wasn't questioning your proficiency, it just sounds like a typical rF2 problem so wanted to be sure (and it's your first post).

Plugins? Tried clean install? Tried keyboard control instead? Graphic options make any difference?

People often had hundreds of mods in the old days and while it made the game load slower it didn't affect the on-track performance, because the game only deals with the current cars&track. A conflict between mods is possible but I think would more likely cause a loading or graphical issue rather than performance problems specific to player control. If a clean install does the same you can rule that out anyway.

Wasn't questioning your proficiency, it just sounds like a typical rF2 problem so wanted to be sure (and it's your first post).

Plugins? Tried clean install? Tried keyboard control instead? Graphic options make any difference?

People often had hundreds of mods in the old days and while it made the game load slower it didn't affect the on-track performance, because the game only deals with the current cars&track. A conflict between mods is possible but I think would more likely cause a loading or graphical issue rather than performance problems specific to player control. If a clean install does the same you can rule that out anyway.

Well, I'm sure it's a plugin issue now that you mention it, because I tried to install custom speedometers and HUD toys but it never worked; I didn't bother uninstalling them, so they just sat in the game's folder, waiting to be played with again... :(

Back