AI Tire Wear is not changing anything

Ridge

I am in the middle of adjusting the tire wear for all the cars in my compilation mod AbsoluteGT. I have successfully adjusted Tire Wear rates for the street cars in the game so that they pit around the same time but it doesn't work for the Race cars. I even tried adjusting them to AIWear=50.000e-7 but that still doesn't do anything. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also what does the e-6,e-7,e-8 after the number represent?

Are you sure that you edit the right *.tbc files?
Look at what *.hdv file the *.veh references and inside the *.hdv you'll find the according *.tbc entry.

And e-6 is a mathematical term.
If you have 1.26899e-6,
it says that you have to move the . 6 steps to the left.
So it's the same as 0.00000126899.

Yes I'm editing the right one. There's only 1 and I checked the .hdv to make sure. Thanks for the explantaion on the e-6 at the end.

Is there an upgrades.ini available for the mod?
Maybe there's an entry which overwrites the *.tbc settings.

Didn't want to post a new topic so I'll ask this here. The e-6 explanation fixed my problem, thanks, but now i have a new problem. When I raise the tire wear rates on the cars from EnduSeries mod the cars still won't pit to change their tires. I have the AI drive to see if he would pit but he doesn't so after a while I switch control back to myself and when I do I find that my tires are completely worn out. The AI after a while drive very slowly and I assume that their tires are completely worn out but still they are not pitting.

All the other 37 cars in the game are fine its just the 3 cars from EnduSeries.

Ok, do you know of a way to get around this? It works fine for the player its just the AI that has problems.

I think that the AI always use the first compound listed in the .tbc file, so changing parameters such as AIWear for the other compounds effectively changes nothing.

Back