AIW Editing - AUX LOC 2 positioning question?

angelodeasa

I am not sure if this is the correct place to put this question but I just wanted to ask if it is okay to place the "aux loc 2" before the garages of the cars or is it really necessary that it should be placed after the car garage...

Its just a minor AI issue that I get but I know positioning correctly the "aux loc 2" should fix it but I was thinking, for this specific track, I guess it would be safest before the car garages...

Thanks in advance for any help ;)

Anyway, after a couple days of AIW editing (corridor fixing, cut track fixing, inside line, etc.), I tested out placing the AUX LOC 2 in a different position and so far no issues whatsoever. The race did not have any full course yellow so that wasn't tested yet but as for loading the game in that format, everything seems to look fine...

Okay, so 1st I tested the one where the AUX LOC 2 is before the pits and below is what happened:

- Pace car went out fine from the pits
- Pace car was not able to go in front of the Race leader
- Race leader was in the back of the pack while the number 2 car was behind the Pace car leading the full course
- Full course yellow was done and Pace car came in, everybody went in to the pits and the number 2 car bumped the Pace car (eventually taken out himself in the process) before it was even able to stop in its pit stall
- After the Pace car, all cars followed only the inside line all the way to the finish

Now tested with the usual placement of the Pace Car (Aux 2) and no need to bullet point as basically no issues like above happened.

So I guess in the end, It seems like if you place the Pace car before the pit lane, it will take a long time to come out which eventually ruin the full course yellow situation as the race leader will miss the pace car.

Anyway, I guess the way I can solve my minor pit placement situation is to just make ample space for the Pace car and maybe tighten up the pit garage and stalls to make way.

So, if anyone there has the same issue or if you have resolved the same kind of issues, I would really appreciate any comment from anyone there :)

Back