All Tracks and Vehicles

jpenn517

Some of the mods for rfactor 1 I have such as WES, Streetshift, VRX, and F1 2014 do not work with all cars and tracks. What happens is that I click the car I all tracks and vehicles but it does not load it just sits there and when I try to load it as either my car or an AI in a session it forces me to press escape and a substitute model is put in instead of an actual car model. How can I fix this?

Some mods use alternate paths for some files and directories.
The modder changes the default location path for some directories in the .rfm file.

example from the .rfm file:

ConfigOverrides
{
VehiclesDir=GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\F-2016\
OptionsDir=GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\F-2016\UIDataF1-2016\
}

The All Tracks and Vehicles .rfm file does not contain this information ............... so the game can't find the needed files and the mod fails to run.

Personally I think this All_Tracks_and_Vehicles.rfm should never have been made as it causes a lot of issues.

Last edited:
Some mods use alternate paths for some files and directories.
The modder changes the default location path for some directories in the .rfm file.

example from the .rfm file:

ConfigOverrides
{
OptionsDir=GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\F-2016\UIDataF1-2016\
}

Would I be able to change the code in the rfm file for the mod to work? if so how can I do it?

At first: if you edit rfm files, you get online mismatches with the mod where you did it. So keep a backup of the rfm file.

And what you have to do, is to change the VehiclesDir= and also the SearchPath entries of the mods *.GEN files.

If you e.g. have the rfm entry:
delete that line, or deactivate it by putting 2 slashes in front of it, that it looks like this:
//VehiclesDir=GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\F-2016\

And in the Gen files, you have to add the folder "F-2016" to the Searchpathes.
If you e.g. now have:
SearchPath=<VEHDIR>\F-2016Mod
change it into:
SearchPath=<VEHDIR>\F-2016\F-2016Mod

There can be more than 1 SearchPath entry, change all of them in the same way.
There can also be Paths written in the MasFile= entries, change them too.
That should work then.

Back