Am I the only one who see's the King has no cloths on?

Thingriz

We are so far past this game that it isnt even funny. DX 9c. Are you kidding me. 10 years to build and 6 years behind the time. As far as I can see so far the graphics are worse than the first game. I play the first game and it's almost photorealistic. It certainly doesn't drive as well as this game appears to, but what are the devs expecting from this game? It's new and it's already behind the times.

Maybe they are just holding back on some stuff- but really- the first game and some of those great old mods was as far as DX 9c will ever take us. I hope some how between now and release the King puts some cloths on!

All I have to say is, check out a fairly new game called Hard Reset, or The Witcher 2, or Metro 2033 in dx9 mode, or even Crysis 1 (especially with mods), then come tell me dx9 cant look freaking amazing lol. Go download the free Hard Reset demo or Metro 2033 demo, max out the graphics, 1080p it and let me know just how crappy dx9 is and how badly dx11 is needed in order to make a game look beautiful. Go, download it, check it out yourself first hand....

Last edited:
It has been mentioned before - it's not which version of DirectX you use that matters - it's how you use it.

You can get pretty realistic graphics with DirectX9 and if you are not able to do it with DirectX9, then you won't be able to do it with DirectX11.
Gran Tourismo 5, Forza Motorsport 3, NFS Shift 2 - all these can run on DirectX9 class hardware.

We are so far past this game that it isnt even funny. DX 9c. Are you kidding me. 10 years to build and 6 years behind the time. As far as I can see so far the graphics are worse than the first game. I play the first game and it's almost photorealistic. It certainly doesn't drive as well as this game appears to, but what are the devs expecting from this game? It's new and it's already behind the times.

Maybe they are just holding back on some stuff- but really- the first game and some of those great old mods was as far as DX 9c will ever take us. I hope some how between now and release the King puts some cloths on!

This game was made in 2005. Or have you posted in the wrong forum? ;)

if he talkin rF2 , some people really dont get the idea and meaning of B E T A testing hey........

lucky its not in Alpha stage with wireframes or he would think it was made on Apple 2 E or somthing lol

Were you hired by other game makiers to just start complaint threads? Go back to EA.

Were you hired by other game makiers to just start complaint threads? Go back to EA.

It's saying these sorts of things that are just not helpful, anyone that is the tiniest disappointed is hung (next post) drawn and the last post he's quartered, don't be small and take it personally.

He may be incorrect in his DX9 views but he is allowed to say them, most people don't know what being a "Beta" level game is and myself being one of them, I have now learnt and not really impressed at what was advertised and what actually was delivered in the Beta version, I am allowed to say this and not be abused ok.

Did my research before posting that. Has only two started posts since joined in 2010. Both this week, both derogatory.

I don't really care what dx version it's in, as long as it looks good & attention to fine details , the lighting seems unfinished but already looks impressive at certain points ( hope night lighting improves )

The criticle thing is physics / ffb / track surface development

classic Monaco feels good yet maylasia surface seems dead (in ffb & not much character etc -although apart from this I like the track

I'm playing three sims at the moment, One is in Pre Alpha, the other is well established online and also rF2. All I can say is rF2 gives me the most pleasure at the moment, The FFB and physics in this game are just fantastic, I also have the graphics cranked up nearly to max and they look quite good but lets be honest, if you want a sim it's the driving that matters and for me rF2 has that in bucket loads.

Yup everything matters, that's why the professional sims that real teams use have super computers powering them yet the graphics and sound aren't much better if any better at all than our sims, but ya everything matters in a “sim“ lol

This thread has nothing to do with rFactor(2005), can it be moved to the rF2 forum?

Back