And they say rF1 is dead...

taufikp

Really love the plugin combination used in this video.

Plugins used in this video:
- RFE Plugin (dynamic weather)
- GID Plugin (on screen info)
- Spotter Plugin

The track is Orchard Lake, updated version to use with RFE. The mod is Formula Predator. Really love the environment/road reflection. This video has made me download all the plugins used. :)

Nice!!

Now I'm really sad that this game doesn't run on my system anymore :(

Yeah I still get a lot of fun out of rF1, that's a nice mod.

Sadly; I was talking about rFactor :(

Too bad Wim, since these plugins really giving a whole new life to rF1: rF1 can match rF2 in almost all areas, except physics and FFB.

However, rF1 FFB can be enhanced further using ZeosPantera's FFB tutorial (combination of RealFeel and Leo's FFB plugin), and the end result (with correct cars) sometimes closely matched rF2 FFB.

I haven't try the plugin yet, just installing now, but from RFE's documentation, they said that they will change rF1 tire physics model, to be more dynamic and alive. Well, let's see how this 'new' tire physics model goes after the test. :)

The RFE version of Sepang is looking good as well.

that's the first time I've seen movable hands/arms on the steering wheel in rF1?

Thanks for the link Noel.
I do have the 1155c version though and it runs (so may have used the wrong words) but the stutter in the game is so bad; it's unplayable.
Thought I had it fixed, but it came back big time.
A smal piece, lets say tunnel out at Monaco to the chicane; I do that in just five steps; no rolling there.....I stand here, 10 meters further and so on.

As my communication skills leave much room for improvement and I always end up in a fight or people start thinking I'm angry for -to me- no reason; I don't want to start a topic about that.
It is what it is; game down the drain.

No problem; have bigger things to worry about and even down the same drain; job, marriage, education.....so; what's a game?
Still have rF2.

Nav, did you have these issues AT ALL with the v1255? Or did it start when you switched OS, switched system, or only when you moved to 1255b or c?

Navigator, are you still using that GTX260? If so, try to install the 266.58 drivers for that card. All newer drivers produce extreme stuttering with my card as well (GTX285, so same generation), turning rF1 into an unplayable mess for me (which is still the case and is super annoying). I wrote about this issue almost a year ago. I even tried to get in touch with nVidia for this, but they didn't react.

I'm not saying it will help you, but it might.

+fullproc and "Max Framerate="-60"" should help. Give those a shot.

Thanks for the advise guys.

I use a ATI now (5770) and did try my old GTX; they do both the same thing.
I started using the B version because of W8 and in the past; I was playing with W7 on 1155; no problems there, never had any.
I put my old W7 back and used the B version; still does this.

Fullproc and so on, don't work anymore.

So, mainly; it started using the B version and C I guess.

That's odd. Mine is C version, and it worked well with my previous card, AMD HD5770, and also with current card, NVidia GTX670.

edit: sorry, my rFactor is 1.255 F version actually

I haven't seen any performance differences on 1.255F, 1.255b or 1.255c on my HD5770. The only time I have noticed micro stutters was when I didn't have "Max Framerate" set. Same with rF2.

Hmm this vid also convinced me to take a more detailed look at RFE.
It seems updating the car and track isn't that hard at all. All mods with more than 1 car physics are problem though. HistorX has 180 .tbc files, not gonna do that lol.

It would probably be easy to write a program to update the tires so you aren't doing it by hand.

Yeah it would, if I was programmer.. I did a bit Java on school but I hate programming so and I'm too lazy to think how to do that myself.
Hope somebody, ideally RFE authors will do that one day.
It doesn't seem like anybody did that tool yet because from their forums it's obvious they only updated single-physics mods.

Also thought about writing some regex within ReplaceText or similar tool, that would just add those few new lines, but the problem is every tire has different grip coeffs.

I read up on the process and it is more involved then I though, but still doable. You could have the tool read all the exiting compounds and then let you pick one to use as a template and have a GUI for adjusting them and then save them back to the tbc with the correct naming convention. Maybe also have the ability to delete the original compounds.

If I find some time I may do a tool. The problem is that the only racing I am doing is in an endurance league and they shot this plugin down because they are afraid that a plugin would cause drive swap problems. So basically I would never have a use for this tool. In the past the only tools I have made were for my own use but then released to the public for others. So finding the motivation could be a problem. Hahaha.

With multi compound tyres which is pretty much any moderns series the whole process is really quite complicated to be automated, not only there needs to be different absolute values varying tyre to tyre but even the relative difference varies tyre to tyre, depending mostly on the number of compounds. It's different if a mod only has soft/hard and different if it has super soft, intermediates , full wets and so on.

However with historic mods with all weather tyres it's trivial, i think some reg expression could really do that, it's just searching for DryLatLong, taking those 2 numbers multiplying by 0.8 and putting them in wet coef.

+fullproc is an option for rfactor's executable; with it, rfactor will use all avaliable cores in modern processors, not just one; you only have to create a shortcut, check properties and get sure that Destination field ends like this rFactor.exe +fullproc

And Max Framerate is an option in your .plr file, which could help to improve ingame framerate

byyyyyyyyyyyye

Could someone explain this a little more in-depth?

If you have a dual core CPU you can add +fullproc to your command line to force rF to use multiple cores. To do this just right click on you rFactor shortcut and then put the cursor in the "Target" box and then hit end on the keyboard and then type
Code:
+fullproc
Make sure you have a space before the plus sign though.

"Max Framerate" is set in the PLR file. Just open <rFRoot>\UserData\<DriverName>\<DriverName>.plr in notepad and then search for "Max Framerate" and then change the value to -60. This will limit the framerate to 60fps which take a lot of load off your CPU which in turn helps prevent stutters. The stutters are normally caused by back ground processes taking CPU time away from rFactor. But if you cap your framerate then rFactor's usage drops a ton leaving free resorces for background tasks. If I uncap rFactor on my i5-2500K/HD5770 I get about 300fps and average about 200 but the CPU runs about 80%. When I cap it to 60 the usage goes down to 25%.

Back