Animation Green flag waving on start of race!

AUSTmike

hi guys!...I'm doing some updating on some tracks to run offline with ai and i noticed that some tracks have a Marshall waving the green flag on the start of a race on some tracks!...I am currently working on the indycar tracks of Portland and Houston for the cartfactor mod!...these tracks dont have a green flag waving marshal on the start of a race so using 3dsimed i added the green waving flag to these tracks from another track and all i get is when i load up the track in the game ,i get the flag waving all the time weather it is qualify or race. Is there a setting i need to adjust in the plr file or gbd file so the green flag waves only at the start of a race and not waving the whole time you are in the game!...PS i also have the yellow flags working and they work great if you set the rules of the race to "full yellow flags" setting cheers

Hey guys... i was looking around some of the tracks for rfactor and i noticed that the tracks without starting lights on the start/finish line would have a animated marshal with a waving green flag instead!...so i'm thinking that in order to have a waving green animated flag you would have to remove the start lights on a startlight track using 3dsimed !...Only problem is i tryed this and the animated flag waving was always waving and not waving the flag only on start of race.....Hmmmmm! anyone know how to get this to work!

Hi Mike,
This is not easy to explain.
To get a starting animation to work you must use the STARTLIGHT instance.

Instance=STARTLIGHT
{
MeshFile=starter1.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False
}

And the .gmt file which is activated (in this case starter1.gmt) must have a material setting inside set by 3DSimEd to EVENT along with a sequence of textures.
The sequence of textures will look something like:
starter00.bmp
starter01.bmp
starter02.bmp
starter03.bmp

The 00 texture is typically completely clear.
Next the 01,02,03, etc textures are the flags moving.

Hope that makes sense.

Back