Anyone have an issues importing with GMT2 Importer?

pcline25

It seems like the normal thing to happen when I try to import a directory with GMT2 Importer into 3ds Max, the software just locks up and I get a "Stop Responding" box. Anyone else have this issue and successfully fixed it? I've been able to import Joesville with the Directory command but other tracks, etc... I have to import just a few GMTs with the single file command.

I am using 3ds Max 2010.

Last edited:
Just let it go, start it and go make coffee. It's not faulting, that's normal (normal for max 10 anyway, I don't know about other versions)
But if your doing big big tracks, spread the load out. Put so many gmt's in the dir and import them, then save, close the project and reopen it (otherwise you wont be able to delete those gmt's you just imported from the folder cause max locks them) then delete the gmt's and put the next lot into the folder. Make sure all the textures are in the folder.

Ah, good idea for sure. What would I do without you mianiak?

Well I've noticed now that it may be a texture that is causing the issue as when I import without textures (in the same folder) all GMTs come in fine and dandy.

Last edited:

Back