Anyone using a 360 controller??

stulec52

Hi all,
first post, in fact after a long wait I just finally got the game this week.
anyway, I guess I am a console gamer, so even on my desktop I use a (Wired) 360 controller.
can I use this controller with R Factor?
I couldn't get it to map any of the buttons.

thanks in advance

Any device that Windows detects as a directx compatible controller should work. Make sure you calibrate and test it in Windows Gaming Controllers in your Control panel.

thank you.
restarted everything and it found it this time.
not the easiest setup ever though, but it is working of a fashion now,
I am finding it hard to know if it is the car settings or the controller settings that are making it hard to get around a track.
Looks like some experimenting with deadzones and sensitivity. although I can't yet see how to increase the steering lock.

The steering lock is dependant on the mod, there is a default lock set up by the modder with some variation each way, you can adjust this in the garage whilst your in the pits.
But in most cases you will not be able to achieve full lock.

You can also find some tweaks in your controller.ini in rFactor\UserData\Username.
Code:
[ General Controls ]
Analog Control Filter="0" // 0 = off, 31 = on, or add which inputs you want filtered 1=throttle, 2=brake, 4=handbrake, 8=steering, 16=clutch
Filter Samples="3" // how many samples to use (3-10, lowest and highest are thrown out)
Reset FFB Time="0.00000" // reset force feedback every X seconds (0 to disable)
Fixed Rate Inputs="1" // whether to sample joystick/wheel inputs in a thread for better precision
Auto Reverse="0" // If auto-shifting and holding brakes, will shift into reverse and reverse throttle/brake temporarily
Steer Ratio Speed="15.00000" // Speed at which low speed steering lock override ends (for pit navigation, units are meters/sec, 0.0 to disable)
Speed Sensitive Steering="0.00000"

hmm,,, Steer Ratio Speed="15.00000" // Speed at which low speed steering lock override ends (for pit navigation, units are meters/sec, 0.0 to disable)
I wonder if putting that right up to say 300+ would override the steering lock setting completely.

thanks for that, although it went totally over my head.

mod?
I am just trying to play the game as it comes.
right now I can't even figure out to go in reverse....

off to experiment some more

Back