Auto Chat... Is it Possible?????

luisdeluis

Hello. I am developing several tools for rfactor v1.255. I like programming and organizing and these are my contributions because I'm very bad driver. After several utilities, I have come to acknowledge my great challenge: auto-chat. The intention is this tool can send messages to the drivers of the server based on data from the database that collects historical times for server, mod and track.
After three weeks finally I have to admit that I am incapable. Just need to understand what happens when press the button "SEND CHAT" in "rfactor dedicated server". I have tried winsock, wininet and several forms and can not find the mode. With the IP address and port 34447 but I do not know if it is neccesary some format in the command or....
Could anyone help me complete the project with this auto-chat, please?
Thanks.

I did it using the interface and sending keystrokes, but I do not like. It is not "clean"

I did it as you tried it: sending events to dedicated server controls. It has a few cons. More important is, that it's not work if you start dedicated with +oneclick mode. In this mode there is no window handler so you cannot send message to the window.

I'm also interested on how it can be done better. Especially if I would send message from dedicated server plugin to dedicated server (send admin commands)

Ideally, a member team of developers could offer us the code that runs when you press SEND CHAT. They put plugs in open source, and could be good (more) and post something about this.

With IRC I do not get anything. I think it will need a script. Buaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! Please.... HELP US!!!!!!!!!!

MaXyM, I believe Luisdeluis is trying to decode the UDP packets and learn how to send his own packets with chat messages. What you are referring to is automating the typing and button clicks of the dedi GUI. I have also tried auto mating the dedi's GUI with very inconsistent results. If we could figure out how to build our own packets that would be much better. We could emulate a client and then send /admin commands. Yeah it would be awesome if one of the devs could volunteer the details on some of their protocol. Just watch, about the time we solve all the automation problems, rF2 will come out with a more complete SDK giving us non-hacky ways to do all this stuff. Hahaha.

PLEASE.... One devoloper of ISI, friendly and helpful here? I am very stubborn and I'm going crazy!!!!!.... Only to tell me "No, we can't"

Well. I thought that I would get more help here. At the end ... I succeeded. On my way, but I did it. Thank you for (I assume) read me. What a pitty.

Back