Back at rFactor after a 4 years break... Quick help would be appreciated!

Tom Wutton

Ok so I'm getting here because I just got a new CPU! I was thinking to get rFactor 2 but it seems It'll have to wait...So I re-installed rFactor and now I need to start all over downloading tracks and mods...So basically, what have I missed and has anything much changed regarding the installation process ?

So first, is there any big fix/patch or whatever that I need ? The current version installed is 1255...

Regarding mods: I'm a Formula 1 fanatic, and also love other cool stuff like GP2, Formula nippon, Porsches challenge, Renault Clio cup etc. So whats the cool stuff to get now ?

Regarding the installation: If I remember correctly, I simply have to copy the track and mods files in their respective folders, is that it ?

Thanks in advance to anyone who wishes to help !

Tom :p

4 years WOW. As I remember, best way to start is download the lite version of game and use copies of it so u have a fresh install for each mod you choose, and u can put in there the appropriate tracks. RFCentral is still the best place for rf mods and tracks.
There are many more knowledgeable people than me to advise you though. Just 2 tips from me :
1. If u want more attention to your post, start a thread at rf2 beta forum and see how it goes
2. Please try rf2, its miles ahead in physics and feel, if u do, ull never go back to rf1 again. As much as I likked rf1s mods, I deleted everything from my pc some months ago when i tried rf2.

Hope this helps, nikos

Thanks Nikos! In fact I want to start running rf1 to see how it goes on my new Laptop...It's a DELL Inspiron I-7 with 8GIG RAM so I'm pretty sure it will handle it well. I will definately upgrade to rF2 later so I guess for now I'm ok to not use copies of light version or will I have a kind of "mismatch'' problem to race online ?
Man I used to race every freakn day of my life and I was always up to date with tracks, mods, bug fix and all; but 4 years later I feel like a grandpa who just discovered computers !! It's hard to get back on !

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/rfactor_lite.cfm
I dont propose lite because its...light but as ull remember after a while, mods get to be unmanageable one on top of the other. So what u do is having a lot of lites as many as your mods. What i did was, I installed lite, then copied in other folder. Then install mod in original lite and rename it (with mods name). Make shortcut of exe on desktop and rename it. For next mod, copy original u stored in other folder, install new mod, rename, new shortcut on desktop, rename. That way u ll have multiple installations and exes for every mod and a clean lite to use for other mods (hope this is clear).
Rf lite is official so i believe no probs with servers. It sure is best way to manage mods so u dont mix each other and u can control appropriate tracks as well. Rfs installing system is quite straight forward, so dont be intimidated, itll all come back to you.
Also with i-7 u have ull be more than ok for rf2 I believe.

Oh i forgot,I apply all my personal preferences (controllers, assignments,difficulty etc) in original lite installation so i dont have to do it all over again for each mod.

Last edited:

Back