Best VLN experience?

Jon Hoskins

As a VLN junky I've been looking for the best possible experience, i.e. highest number of cars. I can qualify with 40 AI cars on the ADAC 24 HR version that's floating around, any more will cause a CTD, although in the actual "race" I can add more AI one by one. I think I've gotten 50 without any problems that way.

While my dream of participating in a VLN with a full field of 200+ cars is likely to remain just a dream, at least for the foreseeable future, I wonder if anyone has gotten higher number of cars than that? If so *PLEASE* post what mod and what version of the track and any tips/tricks you might have?

Win 7 64 Pro, 16GB of RAM, GTX 465, AMD 955 quad core (will upgrade for significantly more cars!)

Thanks in advance!

OK, tried the VLN_2005 mod and got 60 cars to work well. Bumped it up to 80 cars and I noticed some had textures missing as they left the pits during the start of practice. Took DX rendering off of "auto" and put it on DX9. Now I'm getting a CTD there too. VLN_2007 seems to CTD no matter what DX setting I use, with anything over about 50 cars.

I know people have been able to do this with older hardware than I have, but what combination is working? VLN 2005? VLN 2007? Track version? DX version?

Back