Billboard or Stamp: Something I'm not understanding

TomPhillips

I can get both billboard and stamp to work but what I don't understand is that the object turns 90 degrees in game from where it is in Max.
I've tried turning the polygons at edit poly level, I've tried turning to XForm gizmo and I've tried turning the object itself. But, whatever I do, unless it's 90 degrees, in Max, to where I need it in game, it comes out wrong.
I need to be able to position the object pretty precisely in Max which would be easier if my polygon was facing the way I need it to be. (IE: Down the track, not parallel to the edge of it.)

What am I missing?

PS: Vertex alpha, pivot point, all of that is fine and it works. It's just the annoying detail of have to turn all the stamp objects before I export them.
It's all about work-flow.

Probably related to vertex order? It needs to be
Code:
1    3

2    4

EDIT: Ignore, didn't see it was rF1 ...

Would you offer a download with 1 of your trees as max scene file and your Instance-entry in the SCN file?

It's actually already like that.
And, in fact where my track turns 90 degrees at T1 they start to face the way I want them to and export the same way. So that's fine. I'm guessing they're going to have to drift away from the ideal as I move along the track, though.

But thanks for the reply, anyway.

Would you offer a download with 1 of your trees as max scene file and your Instance-entry in the SCN file?

They're not actually trees but it seems I can get it to work, so it's fine. But thanks.

SCN Entry:
Code:
Instance=Flare01
{
  Moveable=True Stamp=True 
  MeshFile=Flare01.gmt CollTarget=False HATTarget=False 
}

Back