Black screen on load and slow replaying saving.

Joern

Hi,

i double-post this one here, because it's urgent;) and because the problem exists in rFactor 1 AND rFactor 2 as well.

Greetings, Joern

The game takes 45 secs (not exaggerating) to open. When I double click the icon it goes to the black screen and hangs for 45 secs then finally plays the intro video. After that the game seems to run perfectly fine until you exit a track. If I have been racing 30 seconds or 2 hours on a track and I try to go back to the main menu it says "saving reply" in the bottom for 45 secs minutes before the main menu is actually responsive.

https://community.racesimcentral.ne...playing-saving?p=108522&viewfull=1#post108522

I would start by running defrag on your system unless you are using an SSD drive. If this doesn't take care of it, let me know.

If it is a brand new system with an SSD, I would uninstall and reinstall after you make sure that all your system drivers are up to date. Is this a custom system or a store bought?

Would be good to know your system configuration, specifically exact model of SSD and motherboard. Also if you didn't already check for firmware updates for your SSD (be careful when installing, some firmware updates delete all your data on that drive). About motherboards - some have different SATA controllers and different controllers behave differently with SSDs so if you can you can try connecting your SSD to other SATA controller (port).

Ok, here goes.... all the facts

- custom system:
Mainboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Graphics: EVGA GTX670 4GB
SSD: Samsung 120GB, dont know the exact name, but doesnt matter, because i already tried installing on another ssd, this time OCZ, same result
16 GB

- tried Win7 32 and 64bit, brandnew and with all the updates

- tried both SATA-6-ports and one SATA-3-port

- installed all the drivers from mainboard-cd, no "?" in system manager left

- installed directx 9, updated directx 11

- the mainboards usb 3.0-ports don't work. Maybe a hardware-issue?

- a friend of mine has exactly the same hardware, everything fine there. The only difference is our location of the trymedia-folder:
mine is under Users/All Users/Trymedia. On his system, it is under Username/AppData/Trymedia
Maybe rFactor needs 45 secs to find the Trymedia? On the other hand, rF2 has the same problem.

- when i launch the rF-High-Voltage-Tool (KERS and DRS fpr F1-Mods), it takes very long and responses very slow as well

- Once on Track, rFactor runs like a dream, up to 650 frames

- Everything else runs fine, like windows-start, office, internet...

Hope i didnt forget sth important. Thx for your help and support, very much appreciated.

greeting, joern

Last edited:
You have me at a loss then. Not sure why your install would differ from your friends install as they should be exactly the same unless you or he chose a custom path for install.

Well you forgot the most important thing and that is the SSD model. But like I said before you can look for firmware updates (but that would likely not be easy without knowing the exact SSD model).

Trymedia has nothing to do with rF2, that is a rF1 thing. rF2 its own licensing developed by ISI so it shouldn't have the same problem. Nevertheless you can still try to copy or move your Trymedia folder to where your friend has it to see if that makes any difference (probably not).

You can try different SATA cable.

Also update drivers - drivers from motherboard CD are usually pretty early version of the drivers so it is likely they have some issues. Try to find the latest available drivers specially for SATA controller.

Another thing since you have a custom PC - you can try the very basic setup to see if it helps (mouse, keyboard, monitor, motherboard, cpu, 1 stick of RAM, onboard graphics card - if you can run rF2 with that). Nothing else (no DVD drive, no wheel, no usb sticks and whatever else).

If problems still persist you can try to tinker with BIOS settings (also update BIOS).

USB ports not working doesn't sound good to me; if it's not a hardware issue, at least would be matter of drivers; check both possibilities, of course drivers first, maybe letting windows update check for newer ones

byyyyyyyyyyye

OK, SSD is a Samsung 830, but doesnt matter anymore, because i disconnected the SSD and installed Win 7 on a HDD (connected with a different cable to one of the SATA 2-Ports), still the same issue...

- tried all 4 memory-bars one at a time...

- tried a different graphics card

- windows is all updated, the drivers i did not yet update (after six day i got somewhat tired of fiddling on this system anymore), but that friend of mine with exactly the same hardware uses the same drivers.

- installing without dvd and other stuff is one thing i am going to try, but next week.

So for the moment i am lost. I suspect the mainboard is flawed, mainly because of the usb 3.0 thing. I'll try talking my mate into delivering his ssd with his working rFactor to my home and start my PC with that. if it works it is a hardware issue, if not i did something wrong with Win7 or rF. Does that sound like a good idea?

Thanks for your answers ill keep you informed :)

Greetings, Joern

It would be more informative to take your SSD loaded with Windows and if you can get through an install, rF2 as well, to your friends system if he has the same hardware and it is all working. This way you can eliminate everything except the SSD, and you already eliminated that when you installed Windows onto a regular drive.

Can also be some BIOS settings, you can try loading defaults and tinkering with the settings (for example some RAM needs more voltage than default, just an example, I would also try to disable everything you don't need in BIOS like sound,printer ports, USB etc) or try new BIOS (latest was released like a week ago).

The KEYBOARD

Dont ask me why, believe it or not, but with another KEYBOARD everything is fine now. rF starts in 3 seconds, not 45 or longer.
I can't tell you how glad i am, greetings from Berlin, Joern

Back