Blue flag questions

Jorgen

I know it's possible to define how close you need to be to a car you are about to lap for the blue flags to show, but is it possible to define how quickly the lapped driver needs to obey the flags? (And what is the maximum limit, distance, number of turns, time limit or something else?) Also, is it possible to define what the penalty is for not obeying blue flags?

For your first question "is it possible to define how quickly the lapped driver needs to obey the flags?"

- In the rFm folder where the .rfm files are located for each racing series, there is a line there for rules and with regards to blue flags, here are the options:

// How blue flags are used. This value can be overridden through the player file; default=3, possible values
// are: 0=no blue flags, 1=show but never penalize for not moving over, 2=show and penalize if necessary for
// vehicles withing 0.3 seconds, 3=0.5 seconds, 4=0.7 seconds, 5=0.9 seconds, 6=1.1 seconds.
BlueFlags = 1

- IMO, for offline racing and in my experience, the AI's never really get to follow these lines or rules... I don't know, maybe I messed up something in my files and I am too tired to reinstall the whole game but this never really works for me...

For the second question "is it possible to define what the penalty is for not obeying blue flags?"

- I haven't been penalized for this situation despite turning on the said settings in the .rfm files. I guess for offline racing, there isn't a way to set this but for the peeps there racing online, maybe they can shed some light if this is possible online...

Anyway, sorry for maybe giving a bit of the negative side of things with regards to your question but in my years of using rFactor, those where some of the disappointments I got...

And also if you want to get more explanation about how rules work, the rfm file "NSCRS06" will get you most of the information about it aside from the blue flags...

I am more after if it is possible to define how quickly the first, second and third warning are given to the lapped driver. I remember that we tried to use automatic blue flag penalties in our league, but the general feeling was that the warnings were handed out too quickly. I guess it's not possible, but if anyone has knowledge on it, please let me know.

edit the rules in the plr file you host server with MULTI BlueFlags="2" mean online servers set it to 2 means 0.3 seconds 3 0.5 seconds ans so on

QUICK BlueFlags="7" // 0=none, 1=show but never penalize, 2=show and penalize if following within 0.3 seconds, 3=0.5s, 4=0.7s, 5=0.9s, 6=1.1s, 7=use RFM value "BlueFlags=<0-6>" (default is 3)
MULTI BlueFlags="2"

on 2 if a driver not move fast enough or give room to let car to pass get a drive thru .. no penaltys 1 2 3 times just 1 warning if you not start and go much faster when you got the blue flag then it start over next blue flag

Has anybody resolved the issue to configure number or the time how often blue flags are given before a penalty is given to the lapped driver? In our league we are looking for an opportunity to have the first blue flag when the leaders are just 0.5 seconds behind the lapped driver - but still want the lapped driver give sufficient time (three to four turns) to allow overtaking.

Back