BTB terrain texture

You need to set the scenery texture as a background in your project, then you set the tiling grass texture to blend with the background image.

After set blend with the background image need to paint terrain with vertex alpha to see the background image.

See the video in 7:40

You won't be able to do the blend technique if you imported it to BTB as a 3d object. Terrain must be drawn in BTB to be workable.

I would suggest using sketchup objects as a reference to build the terrain above it in btb where you can afterwards blend it with an image taken from google earth pro. The available resolution is 4096×4096 and you can edit it later in photo shop to improve some areas.

I am doing some trials to replace some areas from that google earth picture with material textures because of the poor resolution of google earth for closest to the track environment. The results are interesting and could be an alternative for btb users where we can only control mapping with these blending technique or by using walls and roads.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

your not going to get much help if you link to a thread that is on a forum that requires you to register to view it.

I am confused now. Is your problem with terrain or with animation and xpacker?

What are you trying to show in the second picture?

Here is a tutorial where the terrain is blended with background image
Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I am confused now. Is your problem with terrain or with animation and xpacker?

I have both. https://community.racesimcentral.net/showthread.php/10862-Object-animation-in-rFactor

What are you trying to show in the second picture?

I have animation (animated texture of georgian flag) made in 3Dsimed and want to import it in Xpack and than BTB (if it's possible).

Here is a tutorial where the terrain is blended with background image

I see you don't understand what i mean. I have terrain exported from Google SketchUp (3d model) without textures and i want to change the hole 3d model texture.

Maybe you can change it ? I am tired with this. Tell me and i upload my project file of my track.

Back