BumpStop and ReboundStage

BerScott

Hi! I've looking to understand those parameters in the *.HDV file, but I've not find any explanation or maybe my english reading is not enought good.

Can someone explain those parameters or refer to a site which have a proper explanation? Also I don't know how to make the formulas to have values like "5.00e5" I think those are the only parameter I miss to have a barely knowledge of the HDV file. Will appreciate so much.

BumpStopRisingSpring=6.00e6
BumpStopDamper=1800.0
BumpStopRisingDamper=5.00e5
BumpStage2=0.0715
ReboundStage2=-0.0855

EDIT:
I've seen some Niels Heusinkveld HDV files. I understand he uses a tool called TREX what it wasn't released to the public but he uses accurate values for those parameters, so that makes me think there must exist an specific formula to get the values. How can I get values like "6.00e6"? what is the specific formula? I think if a spring have an specific measure those values must have a relative related value.

Also I've noticed Spring Rate behaviour is modified by some another value, maybe some value from [SUSPENSION] section? I've compared different mods using the same SpringRange= value and it have a different behaviour.

Last edited:

Back