buying rfactor - are there different rfactor versions?!

rfacnoob

Hello there, nice to join a new forum. As you might guess by my nickname I am totally new to this game. I wanted to purchase it some time ago, but now it is time for ebay as I am trying to save some money. The question is: what is it about different years and "lite-"versions etc.?
I am sure I will have to mod the game to make it feel and look modern somehow, so I am concerned about the possibility of not (so easily) moddable versions. Can you tell me if there are problems with some or one particular version?

Regards,
rfacnoob

The current version is v1255.

v1255 Lite has minimal stock contents and weight about 200 MG (useful for users who have multiple installed instances).
Stock contents are availble here, but you have to downlload file by file, so it is a bit annoying process.
http://files.imagespaceinc.com/1255/

The Full version has all the stock contents.

Both Lite and Full are open to modding, no difference at all.

May be useful to add that, in my knowledge, rFactor Lite is available only in digital version, while rFactor Full is both in boxed DVD version and digital.

On ebay hardly you can purchase just an activation code for the digital version (highly unadviced too), but you can find the old 1150, which is updatable to the currernt 1255, burned on CD (be sure to get the code together the CD), or the official DVD version (1255), which not requires activation codes, but the DVD placed in the reader.

There are also few special editions, but i dont know if they are digital or DVD, and dont know what game version.

Back