CAM File Help

zild1221

I have an interesting problem. I do not know when it started other than sometime within the last month. Since I run a low FOV (39) I usually have to move my view in cars forward or backward. If the seat adjustment doesn't get it where it needs to be, I have to adjust the .cam file for the car accordingly. However, adjusting the .cam file for any mod does absolutely nothing. I can adjust any value to their extremes with no difference what so ever.

Does anyone have the solution to this? I would rather not make another new install of rF.

Look in the cockpitinfo.ini file for the vehicle you want to adjust for cockpit view.

Eyepoint=(-0.375, 1.00, 0.10) // Driver eyepoint (cockpit view only) ( LEFT/RIGHT, UP/DOWN, FORWARD/BACK)
CameraTarget=(0.000, 0.550, 0.350) // Base target for all other views (swingman, TV cockpit, tracksides, etc.)
TVOffset=(0.0,0.5,-0.3) // NEW additional offset for tv cockpit view (defaults to 0,0,0)
MirrorPos=(0.10, 1.10, -0.95) // Mirror position
FrontWheelsInCockpit=0 // change to 0

I should have mentioned I tried this as well and it also did not make a difference.

That's the parameter responsible for position of the cockpit camera and it simply must work. If not then you have *something* not right but honestly, I have no idea what that might be.

I am baffled myself. I have been adjusting the CAM files for quite some time and never had this problem before. I may have to just reinstall my rF.

Back