Can anybody do me a favour please?

Mangoletsi

I setup a dedicated server running WCP 2012 and trackpack with the 2013 skin pack from the WCP SERIES (www.wcp-series.com) website forum.

The problem I've got is that 1 person is saying they cant see the server, and another person can see it and join it.
If possible, can someone see if they can see F1GPrFactor in the server list and see if they can join it. If possible do a hotlap as i want to check the hotlaps is recording properly.

Thanks

Mango
:D

It's no surprise that a server doesn't show the first time. You can see for yourself when you go to the list the game searches and lists whats there. Refresh the list, you'll either have servers disappear and/or see ones that weren't there before.

When your trying to find a specific sever it could take a few refreshes.

It's not the first time I've hosted using the dedicated server, I used to host all the time around 8 months ago with no problem.
What I was asking for, was for anybody to join the server to proove that it's working properly. Hotlaps will be recorded and thus proove it's not a server setup issue.

Because the match maker has been down around 24hours, the direct link is rfactor://f1gprfactor.dlinkddns.com:34299

Like I said. You may need to refresh the list a few times.

If 1 person can see it then it's working. If another can't see it, That's not the fault of the server.
View attachment 6825

It's not the first time I've hosted using the dedicated server, I used to host all the time around 8 months ago with no problem.

I didn't think I made any reference in my other post to you not knowing what your doing or that this was the first time you've hosted anything. You asked a question and I gave you a solution without making judgement.

If you'd replied that the second person "had" tried refreshing a number of times and still couldn't find it I still wouldn't be looking at it as a server issue.

Cheers,

A client can increase the numbers of servers that will show on the list, this can help finding your server. (I forgot how, its prolly in the plr file)

Also if its mainly members whom can't join you can give them the server IP and they can ignore the serverlist and join directly (Blue+ button in serverlist)

Back