Can I fix this track?

vitamin

I downloaded a nice rally track (Cenovio de Valerón) but I noticed that timing doesn't work properly on it. I got penalty for speeding in pit lane when starting and time is not active. Only when I cross finish lane the timing starts to work. So I was thinking if I could somehow fix those two issues? But since I don't have BTB or any other program for making/editing tracks I'm not sure if I can do it? Could somebody tell me please if there's a way to fix this track?

Yes, but you need 3DSimEd or another similar software, because you will have to add some XObjects and you need some knowledge.

And you get no penalty for speeeding, when you use the pitlimiter or, if that is not available at the car you are using, drive slower :).
To see how fast you are allowed to drive, look into the *.gdb file of the track, there are 2 entries "RacePitKPH =XXX" (max. allowed speed in racesession) and "NormalPitKPH =XXX" (max. allowed speed in other sessions).

What a bummer:( I got neither software nor skills. But thanks for your reply.

I wanted to help you out and create a little fix for the timing, but the timing works normal.

The timing starts when you cross the (invisible) xfinish object which is placed in the middle of the tent at the start.

And in the UI when you choose the screen which shows the timing and sectors, you can see that before you cross this object, you go through sector 1, 2 and 3. That is how it should be to make the timing work.

Now i don't know why it should not work at your machine.

And, by the way... the pitspeed-limit is 80 Km/h ;)

That's really strange indeed. Today I loaded this track again and still no luck with timing. But I managed to download another version of it from here and this one works fine. It's a bit different but at least I got no problems with it. Once again many thanks for your help redapg.

Yes, Cenovio Valeron track is OK, but now I have a different one Bergrennen Oberhallau and when it's loading the game crashes to desktop. I checked the log file and found only this:

CUBE error loading scene file GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\SchweizerBergrennen\Oberhallau\Oberhallau.SCN: Error initializing scene file GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\SchweizerBergrennen\Oberhallau\Oberhallau.SCN

Could you tell me please, what might be wrong with it?

I would say you did extract the *.rar file into the wrong folder.
Can you remember which directory you have chosen when you have installed the track?

Look into this directory and you will find a folder "SchweizerBergrennen". Move the complete folder into the folder
[Your rFactor gamefolder]/GameData/Locations

So that the result is:
[Your rFactor gamefolder]/GameData/Locations/SchweizerBergrennen/Oberhallau

If i had to guess, i would say you'll find the folder "SchweizerBergrennen" directly in your rFactor-gamefolder :)

The track was in right place but there was a small typo in Oberhallau.SCN file. I had to delete just one space character and now track is loading fine:)

Back