Can not compile Internal Plugin

NewRider

Hello

In the Instruction PDF for Internal Plugins it says you will find a compiled version of "Example Plugin" in the directory \ExamplePlugin\VC7\
But I did not find such directory and also I get an error while compiling the project.

This is what I am downloading for searching "Example Plugin"
http://rfactor.net/web/dl/rf1/InternalsPluginsV3.zip

Is that right?

What compiler are you using? I tried with MS Visual C++ and had no issues to compile and link the DLL. What was not working was the debugger because rFactor 1 seems not to start when a debugger is running.

Sent with Tapatalk

Thank you for your reply.

I am using MS Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition, and I get this error
1>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Post-Build Event...

Any thing I should do but I did ? and where can I find VC7 directory?

1>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Post-Build Event...

Are you sure that the compiler or linker is causing the issue? The error message says ...Post-Build...

Could it be that you are trying to run the debugger? If that is the case It's the same issue I have - rFactor is not running/starting when an IDE debugger is running. Thus you, from my understanding, it's not possible to use software developing tools like debugger and runtime analyzer. If this is the case it would be no longer surprising to me that a lot of plugins have some issues with runtime and/ or bugs.

Anyone who did manage to debug an plugIn Using the IDE debugger?

Sent with Tapatalk

Honestly don't remember if I ever tried to, but make do with logs to work out what rFactor is doing (what it's calling, info it's providing, etc) and logs where needed to track what a plugin is doing. Obviously the more logic you can make standalone (and test outside of rFactor) the better :)

Agree on the post-build, too. Wouldn't be surprised if the compiled .dll is sitting there, but obviously it depends what that post-build event actually is. It should say.

Hello.
Just go to the project properties and disable the post build command.
I think it is under Build Event section.

Back