Can't connect through LAN

Nuke

I can't play with my friend through LAN. I type IP, server is shown in list and after i try to connect it says "join timed out".
I check ports with TCPView - we have 34447,34297, 34397 opened.

sorry for my english

We both tried and no matter who the server - both of us have the same problem.
Also we tried to play GTR2. The game does not says "timed out" when trying to connect just nothing happens. So same problem in GTR2 and servers are visible too.

Hello
Well maybe I am misreading this So excuse me if I am wrong. Not trying to insult anyone.
To use Lan first both need to be in the same comp room and connected on the same internet connection you are in the same room right and on the same connection.
I ask the above becuase for lan you would not need to put in a IP address to find it.
So if the above is not correct and one of you is hosting and you guys are in separate houses and internet connections then you would have to join threw the internet/Matchmaker not lan.

Now if you are in the same room and connecting threw a router then the Fire wall is blocking the connections or your router is not setup threw port forwarding properly.

recheck your router ports

Ruben M.

We need to put in a IP because we not in a one LAN actually. Peering network - two networks and many others in one city connected friendly. Traffic goes not through the Internet.

Last edited:
Well if you're not in a LAN connection, make it a LAN connection. Both of you should download hamachi, one should make a group, give the group name and password to the other guy and let him connect. Now you are considered in a LAN connection but with the IP's provided by hamachi. Use those to connect to each other over rfactor and gtr2.

Here is the link to hamachi: https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi2/licensing.aspx (use the free version).

After about 10 attempts once the connection succeeded.

I tried to play with another friend - all excellent, each time connecting.
But no luck to play with the first friend.

Back