Can't enter online server properly

Mitchi

Hey guys. Long time reader here.

Registered because I have a severe problem that I don't know how to fix. It occurs in all my rFactor installations since I made a fresh windows installation.

It looks like this:

http://abload.de/image.php?img=rfactor2013-07-3116-1yejlx.png

When I'm on a server, I don't see my name, I don't see anyone on the track because the preview-window doesn't show me other people and I can't race on the track.
I've just taken the screenshot from the Historic GT & TC mod as an example, but it's always the same with every mod (the green-ish dazzle on the preview screen is in a normal rF menu just grey). It works perfectly fine offline.

What I've already done to try to solve it:

- Given rFactor proper permissions in my network via my motherboard's Atheros software (highest priority and everything from the game allowed)
- tested it with two friends of mine, we all had the exact same files of a mod and set up a dedicated server, still doesn't work (prevents that I have wrong tracks, wrong cars)

... and that's pretty much it. I couldn't really find help via Google, so that's why I ended up here. I want to start in a WTCC funevent in a league soon, so that's why created this thread.

I'm no noob at computer stuff, but I can't find a solution for this one.
Finally, my PC specs, if this helps:

Intel i5 4670k @ stock clock
2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz
MSi GD65 Gaming
EVGA GTX 780 ACX SC

Please help me guys, I'd absolutely appreciate it.

Hey guys. Long time reader here.

Registered because I have a severe problem that I don't know how to fix. It occurs in all my rFactor installations since I made a fresh windows installation.

It looks like this:

http://abload.de/image.php?img=rfactor2013-07-3116-1yejlx.png

When I'm on a server, I don't see my name, I don't see anyone on the track because the preview-window doesn't show me other people and I can't race on the track.
I've just taken the screenshot from the Historic GT & TC mod as an example, but it's always the same with every mod (the green-ish dazzle on the preview screen is in a normal rF menu just grey). It works perfectly fine offline.

What I've already done to try to solve it:

- Given rFactor proper permissions in my network via my motherboard's Atheros software (highest priority and everything from the game allowed)
- tested it with two friends of mine, we all had the exact same files of a mod and set up a dedicated server, still doesn't work (prevents that I have wrong tracks, wrong cars)

... and that's pretty much it. I couldn't really find help via Google, so that's why I ended up here. I want to start in a WTCC funevent in a league soon, so that's why created this thread.

I'm no noob at computer stuff, but I can't find a solution for this one.
Finally, my PC specs, if this helps:

Intel i5 4670k @ stock clock
2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz
MSi GD65 Gaming
EVGA GTX 780 ACX SC

Please help me guys, I'd absolutely appreciate it.

BUMMMMP!!!

I have this exact problem, my screen turns up all grey when trying to join servers.

I can see the ppl that are connected to the server, but i cant see them race, cant join.

Its like the game gets stuck while trying to load the cars or something.

Reinstalled couple of times but nothing have worked yet :(

I have the exact same problem.

The lobbyscreen is all grey and i cant press join.
Cant see the cars on track but i can see ppl that are in the server, but not my own name.

Its like the game gets stuck while trying to load the cars & other players info.

We need this problem sorted ppl, please help!

I HAVE FIXED IT!!!

I dont know what motherboard u running Mitchi but i have a MSI board and with that cd that comes with it, it has a driver that is named "Qualcomm/Killer Network Manager"

I used live manager 5 to update my bios and network drivers, and used this tip to inactivate that killer network thingy!!
http://forums.xbox.com/gfw/technical_support/f/265/t/297709.aspx

Hope this fixes it for everyone that has the same problem!

Back