cant join online games

kpilman

Recently bought a new computer and every time I try to join an online game in any of the mods it closes the game immediatly without an error or anything. If anyone has any idea of what the problem is i would sure appreciate the help. Thanks

Does it close before loading the track, during track load, or just after it has finished?

Also, is this on Windows 7?

You double-check any anti-virus software? Some people in a league I've run have had issues with the anti-virus blocking rFactor from going online, and also check your Firewall.

I've tried running as admin. But it does the same thing. I'll take a look at my anti virus. Thanks

If you are running mods/addons/plugins, try testing from a clean install of rfactor with no mods/addons/plugins as they may be causing an issue. You can do this simply by installing rfactor into a new clean folder (e.g. "rFactor Clean") and testing from there. However, if you have UAC (User Account Control) enabled, it may load your prior settings and the problem may still be there. So when running rfactor, right-click and selecting "Run As Administrator..." (as this is a common issue with Windows 7 with UAC enabled).

Back