Can't update to 1.255f because of trymedia, confirmed by support

jtbo

Ok, here is something that I would like to know solution of.

I have version 1.250 and I just realized few days ago that latest is 1.255F and as I did read there is vast performance improvements I wanted to install this update.

Of course there was issues with activation then, after pressing already bought, immediately without any delay I got online connection required window.

I couldn't find way around it, so I contacted Trymedia support, we walked long path together, looking left, looking right, after awhile we find we did not go forward, more like backwards and all options were exhausted, so we did go seprate ways. Support told me to try different internet, I told I have no other internet and that I'm only person withing quite bit of distance here at rural area.

My internet works just fine, so does internet explorer too which I don't use.

Problem is that my internet connection is using ZTE Blade, connected with USB cable to computer, some programs don't 'see' the internet even it is there, however with trymedia even setting Blade to wlan hotspot and connecting with Wlan did not help, usually that does the trick, but not now.

Every typical thing has been done with support, deleting folder, changing dates, playing with security settings and I always run rFactor as administrator etc.

After changing dates I get unknown internal error, but II think I can solve that by deleting trymedia folder.

Is there any way to get patch to trymedia software so that it would just connect to internet without checking internet connection as for me that routine is buggy and causes the issue?

Now I have done some antipiracy work around here and among other things I learned that these copyprotection methods usually are far more challenging to regular user than using pirated version, now that can't be good, reading forums I can see how trymedia is giving issues to many, so I think that something is wrong with this picture.

Anyway as this product has legimate bought license, I would think that I should be able to update it fine, but at this intersection there is no signs and not knowing how to get forward.

To get bit of diagnosis, has anyone got similar internet and has anyone been able to do activation with this mobile 3G internet connection?

Is there any other way than that not so good trymedia program to get activation done?

Ok, Trymedia support got back to me and they suggested copying license file from someone else.

I see two problems, hardware is different = license would not work

That would be pushing of legality, I think, licenses should not be copied for certain.

They did mention that they do not approve that method, but told that it is perhaps only way to get 1.255f working.

So, do I just stick to 1.250 then?

I just built a new machine and had lots of problems activating. I ended up creating another clean rF Lite install and was able to activate from that install just fine. Once you have a valid licence then all your rF installs will start working.

Back