Car slower in XP than Win 7

Blaktop

This is a little weird. I have been having trouble with rFactor locking up with runtime errors iin Win7. I recently installed XP on another drive and it runs fine with no errors. However my car is slower.

To clarify, I have been hotlapping in Win 7 using the same rFactor install I use in XP. Using the same car, same setup on the same track I am 2-3 seconds slower using XP than I am when using Win 7. I practised all week and was doing 1:24/1:25 (72 Bathurst Legends/Sandown) and was just pulling 200km/h at the end of both straights. On race night I booted into XP and was suddenly doing 1:27/1:28 and 190km/h at the end of the straights.

I booted back into Win 7 and had my original times/speeds back. I elected to race in Win 7 and of course the game locked up with 12 minutes to in a 60 minute race. I immediately rebooted into XP (while I was in the groove) and turned a few laps and lo and behold, back to 1:27/1:28 and 190km/h.

I have checked all my settings in the Logitech profiler to ensure they are both the same. It's almost like I'm not getting full throttle in XP.

Anyone got any ideas?

Incidentally, I am no closer to solving the runtime errors in Win 7 than I was when I posted about it around 3 months ago.

UPDATE.......I shut the Logitech Gaming Software down as that is the only difference between the two installs......bingo, I went straight out and did a 1:24.730 with 200km/h at the end of both straights. I have no idea what in the Profiler is wrong as it's set to exactly the same settings as the one in the Win 7 install.....but there is something wrong. End result? I can race without the profiler running so watch out in the final round.....lol.

Further to this......I can delete the rFactor profile and I have my times/speeds. As soon as I create a new profile I lose them again. I'm thinking this is a Logitech problem rather than an rFactor problem. Thanks for listening.....:)

Back