Change vehicle setup limits and change the vehicle setup screen

Rowdy_Burns

Hi

In the racetrack screen when i go to click on Garage to make setup changes it doesnt have all of the options I need to change so I want to use the setup screen from a different mod on my current mod.....also I would like to change the amount I can change these like example.....Tire pressure to 15lbs instead of the max of 8lbs? does this make sense?? If so is it possible I have tried everything I can think of

To use a UI of another mod, you can
1. look into the *.rfm-file of the mod from which you want to have the UI from, see if there is a folder set in the "OptionsDir=" line and put the same entry into the *.rfm file of your mod.
2. or, if you want to have that UI as the default one, copy the whole content of the mods UI-folder and paste it into the main rFactor-UIData-folder.

If it makes sense, i can't answer, but you can set a higher limit for the tire-pressure by editing the *.HDV file of the car.
You will find a line "PressureRange=(AAA.A, B.B, CCC.C) for each tire. Set a higher number to the last value (CCC.C).

But notice, editing the *.rfm or *.HDV file will cause online mismatches!

Ya I cant really play online my computer is pretty old but i got it running pretty good......1st it did work changing the rfm thank you very much i would have never thought of that and 2nd I got the wing adjustment to move and now the degrees are waayyy better but for some reason the toe in degrees is still greyed out...Do you know why that is??
Thanks for your help already. I know im kinda getting greedy now haha

:)

If an option is greyed out, it's normally done by setting the "clickkable steps") to "1" or "0".
In these cases, look into the *.HDV again or the *engine.ini for engine values, and look for the entry.
You will find lines with "Range" in it and 3 values in brackets.
For toe e.g. it is:
FrontToeInRange=(-0.40, 0.02, 16)

The last value in the bracket is the one that is used for the number of "clickable steps".
Change it to your wanted value.

Back