Coming back to rFactor after about 8 years....need activation code

CFD3Captain

Well, after about 8 years I have decided to get back into sim racing. I am going to be building a new pc in the next few weeks and was trying to prepare some things. I have found it's nearly impossible to get a new activation code online just troubleshooting and considering my current situation (I purchased rF right around it's release) I have searched all the forums/google and have found the things I *need* I may not have access to or forget.

-I do not have the original email sent
-I do not have access to that email address
-I am not 100% sure of what email address I used but have a decent idea
-I have no idea of the last four of the cc/debit card I used. It was 8 years ago
-The old PC the sim was installed on will not boot and hasn't been used in about 6 years

So needless to say I feel I am going to have to jump through many hoops to get the game on my new rig without buying it again. I just know there has to be some way to see that I bought the game. I played it online in a league for several months using my real name (if that can help)

So if there is anything I can do beyond the general support request which I don't feel will work because it asks for the email I used when making the purchase ( I have no access to it)

Thanks so much, I hope to be up and racing soon :)

Email me with what you think the email was, real name and what the billing address was, if you remember.

Thanks - timw@imagespaceinc.com

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

I have a similar issue - except I won my copy of rFactor (v1.15) in an online clan raffle back in 2006...
I do still have the "gift" email from Trymedia with the activation code that no longer works on my latest rig, but I don't have an order number, or many other details. However I do have the (real) name of the guy who bought the copy & the email address he probably used.
Do you think there's much hope in my case?

Thanks,
Hez.

Back