Command Line Option "trace=<1-3>"

Frank Geyer

Bull.... or real insider knowledge !?!?

When it comes to debug the things you've just modded, according to the "ReadMe.chm" there is a useful command line option which makes it possible to write debug information into a "trace.txt" file located in the "<RFACTOR ROOT>\UserData\Log.." folder. Some people told me, or even in some modding based forums one will find the following advanced command line switch:

-trace=1000

to spend the debugging person a more detailed "trace.txt" log file. Comparing a "trace.txt" by using either the trace=3 or -trace=1000 under different circumstances did not bring up a more detailed "trace.txt" file with more accurate debug information while using the -trace=1000.

I would be very grateful if one of the ISI staff members can bring up some light into the dark.

Thank you very much!
Frank

Last edited:
I would not put the '-' in front of the 'trace' keyword. We must be handling it in this case but generally that means to disable something and a '+' means to enable it.

Technically speaking the software supports up to level 5. However, level 5 is not used. Level 4 is used in only to describe the session length and start time and is only called when the simulation starts a session. Levels 1 - 3 are used extensively though out the simulation.

"trace=4" is the absolute max trace level with rFactor 1.255

Last edited:
Again, thank you very much Jeremy for helping me/us out on this !!! :)

where does this command line need to be placed?...i kinda understand i just dont know where to input the info

Open the properties of your link to the rF executable and add the following
e.g.: "D:\Games\RFACTORTEST\rFactor Dedicated.exe" trace=3

Hi everyone,

I´m new here with a very low knowledge regarding computers.

My problem is regarding the "trace" report . Where i have to put this "-trace=100" . I ve puted to the follow of rFactor desktop shorcut , loaded the game , stoped the game , backed to the LOG folder and opened the .RaceCastTrace.tex , but nothing in it , only "RaceCastTrace".

I´lll would like to know wich errors i have , because i´ve released a new skin for the enduracers series mod (on the 997)...It work perfectly.
Today i ve make a test with the aston martin (new skin) , but i can´t find the car in the list of "buy" , when th egame is loaded . (the car appear in my vehicles folder .

So i went to explain my problem on the Enduracers forum , and they say to me to do this things with -trace=100" and to have a look here , and ask you.

I hope you understand my problem .

Thanks .

Philippe from France.

Solution found ....Nothing in relation with the "trace"

Anyway , see you soon

I've just had a Dedicated server crash (close) for no apparent reason. It was launched with 'trace=3' enabled. Now the trace file is 800MB, and I can barely open it :confused: I guess trace=3 is detailed enough. :D

Back