Computer requirements to run rfactor at full detail?

julian.bernard

Hi,

Could someone point me in the right direction and let me know what RAM, graphics card and processor would be needed to run rfactor without any worries?

Thanks,

Julian

Hi Julian

"without any worries" may require some investment. I am running rFactor with an i7 920 @ 3.2 Mhz, 6 Mb of DDR3 SDRAM @ 1333 Mhz. Video card is an Ati HD 5970 with 2 Mg of memory. Running every possible setting at its maximum value including shadows, res at 1920 x 1080, with 24xAA (extended in CCP), Super Sampling AA, 16xAF and get an average of 170 frames irrespective of track. Some tracks are harder on frames, some are less demanding. Visual quality is astonishing.

Playing with resolution, DX mode and AA settings (both in game and CCP) I have been able to get over a thousand frames!!, with still acceptable graphics quality.

Running rFactor with a capable Dual Core, 2 Mb RAM, and a relatively modern graphics card (Nvidia GTX 2xx series and above or Ati HD 4xxx series and above) should result in a very playable game at almost every resolution with good graphics.

Regards
expdom

I have a Core 2 duo 6400, with 2gigs PC 5300 ram, with Nvidia 8800gt card. With nvidia CP set to 16AA, 16AF, High-quality, all ingame set to max with 30 visible cars, and vertical Sync turned on I get 60fps. I just upgraded from my 3.0ghz pentium 4 chip to the Core 2 duo 6400 and was blown away by the performance boost. It's not always just video card. In our mod, Enduracers SP-1 I get incredible performance.

Hope this helps!!,

mj

Thanks for all the advice. The reason why I ask is because I plan on buying a 'leisure pc' which I solely want to use for rfactor, and really want to get a proper piece of kit. Where would be the place to do so and would I be better off in buying all the bits and building it up myself? BTW I'm based in the UK.

Cheers,

Julian

It all depends on which mod you use, when you run track,
how many cars have been on track

I have AMD 3800 dual and with over 30 cars in some mod we have 30 frames only. With windows7 i gone better.

Back