Concerning Youttube Policy ong Game Videos

Archie

Hi everyone. I know we like to share our game plays of rfactor on YouYube. What I wanna know is what is ISI's stance on videos of rFactor uploaded to YouTube.

Recently, a lot of videos of game play where flagged on YouTube for game plays or let's plays. From what i understand of it is YouTube next year will be reviewing uploaded videos before anyone can watch them. It could take a few hours to a few weeks. The primary concern is monetization. I personally do not monetize the videos I upload. Some flaggings were from individuals not related to the developers of the game even. They have some new system being implemented for this.

What is ISI's stance and did ISI ever give permissions to make uploads of in game footage?

Some things I know get automatic flags are

Game Trailers
in game music
Cut scenes (never saw this in rFactor)

Do we have blanket permission? this is a very real thing going on and I hope some very YouTube experienced Youtubers can explain this in better details.

man, its youtube, do they worry about anything on there anymore, eg watch this start at about 19min in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNprlnHydAE ...... do you think they would have issues with that, if they do they have priorities all messed up.

Don't mean to double post. Didn't know how to edit previous topic adding a qote. Tony. Beginning January 2014 ALL videos will go through a long process of review before it gets posted for public viewing. Alot of the problem is mass flagging on monetized videos unconfirmed by copyright holders to YouTube in the past. Ubisoft is one telling youtubers that have videos flagged to fight the claim. Alot of the developers of games didn't flag them. Some give 'blanket' permissions so they don't have to issue millions of yes or no answers to provide game content in videos. Some say it's "free advertising" for the developer's when you upload a Let's Play or what have you. This is a real issue now for alot of youTubers especially the ones who upload with over a million subscribers and on a network of some kind.

The smaller indie game developers really want the YouTube publicity so their sales will get better.

Even worse for some that totally rebel on purpose uploading copyrighted music, movies, tv episodes, and other youtube videos.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/yo...cy-after-angry-gamers-speak-out/1100-6416777/

https://support.google.com/youtube/topic/2778545?hl=en&ref_topic=2676339

What I do not include is ISI's Movie intro's. Nor any music. Just the game play content. Mod developer's can also flag the video if they deemed fit. If ISI and or the mod developer flags it I will remove them as soon as I see the claim on my video manager. I am not about to sit there and do nothing in response. I am not the kind to rebel like some do and leave the flagged video up. I will contact the developer and see what I need to do to satisfy them to get the OK to post gaming content. rFactor is the only real race sim I play anyhow.

Some things to not upload in your videos:
Copyrighted Music and even in game music. Turn it off. There are fair use music you can use.
Copyrighted Tv episodes even cut scenes and clips!
Copyrighted in-game cut scenes
Copyrighted Movies.
Even if there is no copyright to the media you include in your video with gaming content of a game the original owner of the media in your video has the right to flag your video.

Last edited:

Back