Connect to srv without knowing pw and address

Neuro

Is it possible to hack an rF1 server somehow? From time to time, strangers connect to my rFactor 1 server. The server is not listed in matchmaker and also is password protected and still people connect to it somehow... I change password when this occurs but nothing happens, after some time there is somebody who finds it and can connect. I don't know what to do... only people who are trustworthy know the exact ip and dns name of the server, I don't think they give the credentials to anyone - and connecting strangers are usually use foreign names, so they may not from our country... :confused:

In all the years of running leagues I have never seen people join our server without the password and I have always listed my server in Matchmaker which you would think would make us even more vulnerable. Where are you posting the password? Is it possible that you are posting the password in a location that is compromised?

The password is only could be viewed by those, who are in a specified group in our homepage (so that means they have to register AND I drop them in that group).
Normally, I wouldn't think that anybody can find the server AND connect without - theoretically - know the password and address (maybe someone who has a habit of scanning the whole net for open server ports and also plays rFactor... lol).
But for now, I also couldn't imagine, that one of the members made it somewhere public, because we know each other for a long time... :confused:

edit: however the address could be extracted from our hotlaps, because it is embedded in an iframe in the homepage... but still, the password is not... :confused:

Back