Crashing to desktop when players joining or exiting server

Javibeza

Hello, in our league we are getting crashes (rfactor just stops with no error message) when some players join or exit the game, its apparently random and leaves no errors on trace.txt

Its happening to every one of us (randomly), and also when adding or kicking some AIs.

I've been trying for hours to know where the fail is but i cant see anything wrong. How can I know what is failing? There are no error messages.

The server is running fine, clean installation, and this does not happen with default rfactor mods, so its with our league mod.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Try running the dedicated server on another computer and test it from there. That may at least confirm whether there is something in the mod at fault or the computer on which the server is running (like a memory issue etc).

The server is not the problem, exactly same failure in another computer with dedicated server.

Edit:

The last lines of trace.txt are:

NetComm.cpp 6533: *** UNLOADING Slot "Javibeza" (unmapSlotID 97) @ et=691.8207
NetComm.cpp 6629: *** Unsetting Slot (index 97)
NetComm.cpp 6533: *** UNLOADING Slot "Moiseskkonen" (unmapSlotID 99) @ et=694.9896
NetComm.cpp 6629: *** Unsetting Slot (index 99)

Next: rFactor has stopped working....

Unfortunately, I don't know what it could be with that one mod that might be causing it to crash. I don't see anything in the trace.txt there that would make obvious any specific issue.

one thing that has been found in other leagues is when people are using a cracked .exe

Every test has been done with original rfactor.exe with F patch.

I think we've found the problem, but we need to test it for a few days to be sure it's fixed. We have been testing replacing some textures with last year mod ones (textures related to tires and rims), so its a texture or material related problem.

Thank you very much for the help.

It was a problem with cycle textures of the rim. It seems rfactor doesn't like per-team customized animated texture.

Animation removed, and error fixed!

I also had this problem when working on the blurred rims for V8Factor. The rims looked great but unfortunately we had to either drop the paintable rims, or drop the blurred rims all together. We chose to drop the blurred rims because we felt that was more important to keep them paintable. I really hope this is fixed for rFactor2, or some sort of built in motion blur for the rims and other fast moving parts.

Back