Cube error loading scene file

vitamin

I have a strange problem with tracks. I mean they work just fine in my main install of rFactor. But when copied to another folder they just won't load. As soon as progress bar starts filling up, I get CTD. And the only message in log file is this mentioned in the topic's title.

Could somebody tell me please what might be an issue here?

p.s.
That another folder is just standalone mod. It comes as separate rFactor install. And the mod itself works just fine.

My guess would be that the separate mod you mention uses some special (non-default) cube maps (or cmaps.mas file).

These cube maps are normally inside the cmaps.mas file in the vehicle folder.

I copied that cmaps.mas file from my default rFactor install folder, into mod's vehicle folder. And it didn't help. Still tracks won't load. I don't get it. :confused:

p.s.
That mod had no cmaps.mas file in vehicle folder.

EDIT:
Here's exact error message from my trace file:

Code:
vidman.cpp   1659: CUBE error loading scene file GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\Virtua_LM_Fuji\Fuji93\Fuji93.SCN: Error initializing scene file GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\Virtua_LM_Fuji\Fuji93\Fuji93.SCN

The track loads and runs without any problems with my main game. But just won't load in the mod's install folder. And I checked 5 different tracks - none of them loads.

EDIT2:
OK, I figured it out today. The mod uses encrypted mas files, and that's why normal tracks won't load.

Last edited:

Back