CURBS sound

BOLLOmanuel

hello,

can anyone tell me if is it possibile to set the curbs sound? I don't find that in .sfx car's file

thanks

Hello Manuel,

the sounds for e.g. riding over the curbs are defined by the material settings of the curbs in relation to the *.tdf entry of a track.
You can find its definition in the Rumble Strips section of the *.tdf file.
The default is "rumble" and the soundfile can be found in the ..\GameData\Sounds\Secondary folder.

If you want to have other sounds for your mod, i would suggest to create a new soundfolder-structure for it and set its path in the *.rfm file.
Copy and paste all "default" sounds folders, like "Default", "Ambient", "TMTires", "Secondary"... and the soundfolder of your car(s) into it then.
Now you can replace the default ones with own soundfiles without changing it for the whole game/other mods.

thanks redapg

that's the fact, rumble it's exactly the sound I'd like to hear... but when I run on the curbs I can't hear anything

maybe who created the track created the curbs setting their as a normal object and not as curbs?

It's the name of the material that makes the sound work for drivable track-surfaces.
The material-name (which has to be unique) of the curbs polys has to be entered in the tracks *.tdf file in the curbs-section in the line "Materials=".
But there are some more things that can cause problems like that.

Which track is it, can you post a downloadlink?

Back