Custom championship&a.i probs

J.MILLAR6789

I have gathered up tracks and I wish to make a custom championship for my indycar mod, can anyone help ?

also the computer A.I is a bit oif a dunce and keeps crashing in to the wall a lot, is their anything I can tweak to fix this ?

thank you one and all, I have just discovered rfactor and I am impressed

Can you post here which mod and tracks you are using (downloadlinks would be helpful)?

With that i can give you instructions that are easier to understand for beginners.

But to fix the worse behaviour of the AI, is mostly not done so easy.
For example: tracks which are made with Bobs Trackbuilder often have bad made AIW-files (that is a file where e.g. the lines, the AI uses, are defined).
And to fix that you would have to edit the existing or better create a new AIW-file with the AIW-editor.
But to do that you need advanced knowledge of rfactor.

As far as the crashing, if you are using 1995 IndyCar, here is a suggestion from their install...

I would recommend to make a small change to your PLR file in order to enjoy better offline racing: AI Limit = 0.000 // This will make AI drivers not to crash with each other so much.

I also allowed the cars to run and learn AI on their own, it was tedious and time consuming but seemed to help a ton. A link on how do to accomplish is here... http://www.simracingworld.com/content/326-rfactor-ai-learning-step-by-step-guide/

Back