Custom Showroom File Structure Question

Josh Cade

What other files besides the showroom.mas effect the showroom?

I like the reflective black showroom and installed on most of the Mods, but some do not work if I just replace the showroom.mas (have missing GMT's, etc). Are there other files I need to delete or is it more complicated than that for each different Mod? Thanks!

What I want for each Mod...

y4o6.jpg

What I am trying to get rid of...

kqbq.jpg

Copy the showroom.mas AND the Vview.scn file from the black grounded showroom, that should help.

EDIT Forgot to say that, if the modders created an own UIData folder (defined in the *rfm-file of the mod), you'll have to copy the content of the UIData folder of the mod with the black showroom into it too, to get the exact same result. But watch the in the *rfm-file given names of the OSCFile=..... !

Last edited:
Thanks again for the help redapg! I am closer, there is a random image on the spinner room background I can't remove yet - but I posted the Mod Group to try to track it down. It's not the UIbkgd.mas, any guesses? :)

o6gc.jpg

To be honest i have to say that i didn't play around with the ingame look so much.
Maybe it's not a picture in the background, maybe it's a bink video.
But to say that, i would need the mod to see the structure.

For me it would be the easiest when you give me the downloadlinks from the mod from what you want to use the look and from the mod where you want to change it.
With that i could give you exact instructions what to change.

But you can try this before by yourself:

The following lines in the *.rfm are the interesting ones for a part of the look of the menu and other looks:
OptionsAnim=
OptionsSounds=
OSCFile=
OptionsDir=

If they are deactivated (means that they have 2 slashes (//) in front, there is no customized look for the mod.
But if they have special entries, you have to change the content of the defined folders, to get the wanted look.

Now look into the *.rfm file of the mod from what you want to change the look and there at the lines i've listed above:
OptionsAnim=
OptionsSounds=
OSCFile=
OptionsDir=
Look at all lines that don't have // in front and look what stands behind the "=".
You will get 3 foldernames and 1 filename.
To get backups, copy all defined folders into an new one that you call "modxxxx_UIBackup" for example.
The OSCFile normally is in the OptionsDir-folder, so you don't need to backup it seperately.
And the OptionsAnim and OptionsSounds -folders normally are included in the OptionsDir-folder too.

Delete all the content of the folders.
Now copy the content of the similar folders of the mod you want to use the look from, into the empty folders and rename the OSCFile as it is set in the *.rfm file.

That is a bit complicated, i know, but i would suggest to do it that way, because if you choose the easier way and edit the *.rfm-file, you'll get mismatches online.

Again, you're my hero redapg! It was easy as copying and renaming the OSC File. Thanks a ton!

g28i.jpg

Back