Custom skins in multiplayer

Manta

I race with a few mates and we decided we should come up with our own car designs/liveries for our lan races. We each made one and they work in single player only. I can load up a test session in my custom skin or a custom skin one of the other guys created and they all work fine. However, when we load a lan game, the skins come out very weird. It's like we get the predominant colour, but none of the detail (sponsorship stickers or secondary colours etc). Is there a fix for this? We have each skin installed (as a .dds file) in our mod folders under vehicles; (corresponding team) and then a newly created skins folder. It's a shame we spend so much time perfecting our designs and now cant see them. The mod we run is F1 ISR 2011 btw.

is there nobody who can help? I know it is possible to do this as racing leagues throughout rFactor race online with custom skins/liveries. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

be sure to select: DXT5 ARGB 8 bpp | interpolated alpha, 2D Texture, before saving .DDS

thanks for the tip. I'm using Paint.Net and not Photoshop. Am I able to select those options from Paint.Net? Or is that purely a photoshop thing?

i think this DDS Utilities tool is what you want to save your paint to dds.
i use photoshop, so i don't know how paint.net works.

paint.net lets me save to .dds. that isnt the problem. The default save is DXT1 Opaque/1-Bit Alpha so I changed it to DXT5 Interpolated Alpha and saved it but it still isnt working online. :(

"Player Details" and "Opponent Details" set to "high" in the graphics options !?

What stumps me is that the skin works perfectly for each of us in single player (as you can see in first pic above). What could be so different online to make it look like the second picture? It doesn't look that way for me while I'm driving, but it does on the replay and for everyone else during the race. If it helps we race via Hamachi on LAN setting. Thanks for all suggestions so far. This is quite frustrating after we put so much time into painting the damn things.

Back