Deciding when the sun sets and rises

Holt

I just spent the last 2 hours trying to get the sun to rise and set at a specific time, and I've failed.

To put it simply, I dont want the track to get completely dark until 10pm. And I want the first hint of light at 5AM.

I've tinkered with the lattitude setting and the date of race setting and tried hundreds of combinations, and nothing. If I get first light at 5AM, then the its completely dark at 7PM. If I get it to be completely dark at 10pm, then theres sunlight at 3AM.

What am I doing wrong?

I entered the coordinates and date with mixed results. At 12 AM it still isnt completely dark, and I dont think it every gets completely dark. At 4AM the track is so lit up the lights arent even needed.

I just think the whole thing is buggy and impossible to work with.

I entered the coordinates and date with mixed results. At 12 AM it still isnt completely dark, and I dont think it every gets completely dark. At 4AM the track is so lit up the lights arent even needed.

I just think the whole thing is buggy and impossible to work with.

When i remember right, the latitude-setting and the date of the race have the most influence on when the night begins/ends.

And to get it darker at night you can edit the ambient colours (e.g. "NightAmbientRGB =...", in the *.gdb file) and/or use other sky-textures additionally.

Turn on HDR.

Is rF1-forum here ;)

Back