Decision to make

Argonaut

Looking into picking and sticking with a Racing Sim for drifting Online and creating my own mods.. Lfs's stance on it doesn't float my boat, Assetto Corsa's graphics are good and playable on my PC but the constant max RPM of the fan would be annoying.. Rfactor 2 mod support is pretty minimal atm which leaves me with Rfactor 1. I'm testing the demo out atm to get a hold of the menus and such, but I've got a few things, lets say some light requirements, of which perhaps people could answer in relation to this game.

1.)- Easy to port models from 3DS Max to viable cars? Sought out some plugins which supposedly could convert objects to Rfactor+ 3DSimED's capability with it. If anyone knows apart from me the time to create a GTA IV mod, how easy would the porting process be? Any decent guides out there?
2.)- Online servers/drift community. Does it still exist? :p

That's pretty much it, just need abit of a more comprehensive understanding before I pick my choice. Thanks!

Your post is difficult to read. I'm not sure what you are actually asking. Working alone, learning through the modding process, it is a long, methodical journey. The unit of measure=years. If you know your tools well, you will get results more suited for the application by building your own models.

Max is where you build things, it exports directly to rfactor's game format. With proper setup it is literally a click of one button.

If the choice is between rf1 and 2, and you have the machine to run rf2, go for rf2. Most of the stuff for rf1 applies to 2, so I wouldn't exactly call support for it minimal. If you are just looking for fun, drifty things, perhaps this platform isn't the right choice? It can very much be an engineer's tool, and crap in = crap out. If you don't have the data, or understand the range of valid data, building your mod is going to be very difficult for both rf1 and 2.

......Easy to port models from 3DS Max to viable cars? Sought out some plugins which supposedly could convert objects to Rfactor+ 3DSimED's capability with it.......

That i can answer (if i understood it right), i've just made a little description. LOOK HERE

Back