Dedi gamer server help

dangerscouse

Hi guys, wonder if anyone can help, we have a game server and for the life we cant rotate the track from a particular track despite doing all the correct things, ie importing dedi folder, configure dedi server and exporting back to game server, we have not had a problem until now, can anybody please help

To make sure that i understand you right... you have e.g. 5 tracks installed in the folder of the dedicated server but you only can use one of them?
If that is right, can you upload some screenshots of the dedicated-server settings-windows?

Thx for the reply...ok at first I put the wrong version of imola on so I done the process of swapping it but server wont move of this wrong track...even when I delete the track from the game server...it keeps trying to load the track that isnt even picked in the rotation...am sure it will be something to do with the server plr or multplayer.ini but bothe seem right

Do both versions use same folder/file names?

Maybe that helps:
-Shut down the dedicated-server
-delete all imola folders from Location folder
-copy only the imola folder of the wanted version into the Locations folder
-delete the imola HAT file in the folder ..\UserData\LOG\HAT
-delete the "championship".ini in the folder of the player you use for the dedicated server
-restart the dedi

Deleting the hat file did not work...no championship. Ini is present...the dediname plr clearly shows to load tbe 1994 imola which is still the only track set in the rotatiin and yet it keeps loading 04 imola wether I delete it from the locations or not..when its deleted toban loads up with a scn mismatch etc...this is very frustrating

Sorry but I dont understand some things. What do you mean with export/import folders? Are you installing things with copy/paste or via mod manager?

I guess you are creating a vmod with the tracks wanted in the rotation first but you just say you do "everything right", which
is not the best description when you require help. Could you be more specific?

From your sentence mentioning that the old track would be loaded it looks that after installing the new one you didnt create the new vmod referring to it.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

Hi mate..the problem is rfactor 1 and managing the files on a gameserver I hire

The track(s) you are trying to use, have they been altered by you or others?

We have had similar issues when adding stuff to our tracks, we didn't want drivers to have to remove the original track so we created a separate track with updates. However when getting some of the entries wrong in the files that would tell rf1 its a different track the 2 tracks would start a battle for supremacy and would load wrong or not at all.

Hi..no files wer altered...at first I loaded the wrong version then when I went to correct it ....the old version stays on even though its not selected and deleted of the server. . The servers plr shows its on 94 imola in the scene bit but tge actual server when restarted is the 04

Last edited:
Just a thought,

You have checked that you've uploaded the 94 imola track into the correct folder?
On normal/stand alone tracks, they just get dumped in the locations folder. Where tracks like 94 imola are sourced from trackpacks, they are often in sub folders like

c:\program files\rfactor\gamedata\locations\94 imola folder = normal / stand alone
c:\program files\rfactor\gamedata\locations\f1 1994\94 imola folder = from a mod trackpack

Yes mate its sitting in a 1994 folder with other tracks from the same tp we have usex

Try stopping rFactor on the dedicated server, and delete the 2004RH.rfm file.
Restart dedicated server.

I will try that when I get home...how did u know rh2004 was one of the mods we use? :)

no mate not yet, i gave up and hit the websites reinstall button believing it wud give me a clean slate, loaded the mod over night and everything is the same...waiting on there support

no mate not yet, i gave up and hit the websites reinstall button believing it wud give me a clean slate, loaded the mod over night and everything is the same...waiting on there support

Do you use the install client from rfactorcentral?
Can you post the downloadlinks from the mod and track(s) you are using and which have the problems?

Its all through markmods.com gameserver accessing the files via ftp...not ideal but alot cheaper than hire a full dedi

I don't know how markmods.com or similar services work, we use complete servers.

So i have to ask if you have full remote access to the server.

If not and you are not able to stop and start the server by yourself, no changes will take affect, no matter what you upload by ftp.

The rfactor dedicated server has to be shut down and started new to make changes work.

Hi again :)...they provide a control panel on the website to stop start server...with no remote desktop...which is a nightmare. I am searching for an alternative now..how much do complete servers charge?

Allot, don't leave this host before you got a new one, you'll be mighty disappointed with what good dedi-servers cost.

And the cheaper they are (there are cheaper ones) the less the service and tools are, so you might end up with same-ish results.

Yes a dedicated server is not cheap. It starts from around 10,- €/month but, like Denstjiro said, that will not be good enough for rfactor to run in a satisfying way.
I think you will have to pay ~ 40,-/50,- € for a good one, depending of what hardware and other things (traffic-flatrate...) you want to have.
(We for example pay 60,-/month for our server we use for rfactor and our website)

But back to the current problem.
The control panel you use to manage the server.
How is it working?
Do you have all possibilities in setting the options as the rfactor dedicated has?
And if yes, when you stop it, upload your track and start the settings-procedure, can you select the uploaded track?
If yes, is the choosen track correctly shown in the rfactor lobby?

I have requested support to do clean install and dl and install our modsmmi gave up tbh...and yes I am noticing how expensive dedicated servers are and even vps ones..a friend allowed me to set a server up on bis dedi...took me 5mins with remote desktop...these gameservers take hours but suppose u get what u pay for

I have requested support to do clean install and dl and install our modsmmi gave up tbh...and yes I am noticing how expensive dedicated servers are and even vps ones..a friend allowed me to set a server up on bis dedi...took me 5mins with remote desktop...these gameservers take hours but suppose u get what u pay for

Good to have such friends!
Maybe you can make an arrangement with him to pay him some money per month to let the rfactor-dedi run on his server pemanently and get rid of the gameserver you've rented.

Now a days you can get dedicated server at very less rates.

Really? we check every year to see if there are better options for us, last time we checked late 2012 we saw no real reason to change.

Which is btw also a shared platform, 3 leagues sharing the costs of one good dedi-box, so if you can get that with your mate Dangercourse, that is probably the best deal you will find in short term and maybe even long term.
And you get the benefit of having other admins and tech guys around helping out with issues. BIG plus :)

Back