Dedicated server help?

Loetkoe

I'm trying to start a 1937 league. So I rented a dedicated server from lowpinggameservers and I suppose I kind of have it running, but after I uploaded via FileZilla the mod and the PLR and multiplayer.ini and everything it doesn't show up in game when I try to search for it. What is going wrong?

How do you access your server, is it by remote desktop ?

If you go into your own rfactor folder start the dedicated server, you will see after a few options you have a bit to set the upload download speeds and 2 tick boxes.

Well I have to access it by filezilla, I started a server with the options I wanted and then upload my plr and multiplayer.ini and the mod on the server and I don't know why it's not working properly

I dont have experience with ftp-only acces to servers but i've quickly checked the multiplayer.ini

these lines:
Announce Allowed="1" // servers should pass the firewall test before being allowed to list on the matchmaker
Announce Host="1" // whether servers will attempt to register with the matchmaking service

seem to point in the right direction?
Check if they are '1' in your ini file and see if it works.

Do you have read/write access on the server?
If not then your changes revert back to default.

If you're not sure, simply download the ini file from the server and check if the settings are changed or not.

Yeah I replaced the ini on the server with the modified one, I'm positive it's changed

Ftp is a royal pain in the ass to work with same with that tcadmin control, its maybe worth asking if they could set you up a virtual server with remote access, thats how we run our server its hassle free to use.

I did restart it too.
You need to stop it before changing any setting in the files. AFAIK rf Dedicated will re-save currently used setting when you close it. So it's always close->make changes->start.

You need to stop it before changing any setting in the files. AFAIK rf Dedicated will re-save currently used setting when you close it. So it's always close->make changes->start.

Even though I can see that the files have changed on the server? I just checked and the ini has changed and hasn't reverted to the original one

Hello Oskari,

Where did the multiplayer.ini originate from, did you copy it from the dedicated server first?
The reason I ask, is multiplayer.ini contains the port numbers in which lowpinggameservers may not of been using the standard ports.
If you copied your multiplayer.ini to the server, you may now have the wrong port settings on the server.
:eek:

Hello Oskari,

Where did the multiplayer.ini originate from, did you copy it from the dedicated server first?
The reason I ask, is multiplayer.ini contains the port numbers in which lowpinggameservers may not of been using the standard ports.
If you copied your multiplayer.ini to the server, you may now have the wrong port settings on the server.
:eek:

Hey Mango!

I don't remember, but I checked it and it had the correct ports.

When you say it had the correct settings, what did you check it against. The ports that follow are the standard default ports and lowpinggameservers maybe need to be using something very different.

Query Port Start="34297" // range is 1025 - 65535
Port Start="34397" // range is 1025 - 65535

Matchmaker TCP Port="39001" // TCP port to use when communicating with the Matchmaking Server
Matchmaker UDP Port="39002" // UDP port to use when communicating with the Matchmaking Server

Example, our dedicated server is using

On the website I found these;

Connection Info:

34397 (Game Port)
34297 (Query Port)

But then I found this: 46550 (RCON Port) what's this?

rcon port is reference to another type of game, I have no experience of what it's used for.

How comes you ended up going with lowpinggameservers, as I cant see rFactor in there gamelist?

I think your going to have to ask lowpinggameservers directly what the 4 port numbers are that they openned up for you, as the last 2 sets relate directly to the matchmaker which allows it to show up in the list.

I'm trying to start a 1937 league. So I rented a dedicated server from lowpinggameservers and I suppose I kind of have it running, but after I uploaded via FileZilla the mod and the PLR and multiplayer.ini and everything it doesn't show up in game when I try to search for it. What is going wrong?

That's funny. I just posted a thread before this about testing my 1937 server! So great that there is interest in the mod which is my favorite. Unfortunately, I am cannot help with dedicated server setup b/c mine is on my PC and don't even know if working yet :p. But if u are looking for 1937 racers count me in depending on schedule. Where are you located?

That's funny. I just posted a thread before this about testing my 1937 server! So great that there is interest in the mod which is my favorite. Unfortunately, I am cannot help with dedicated server setup b/c mine is on my PC and don't even know if working yet :p. But if u are looking for 1937 racers count me in depending on schedule. Where are you located?

Would be fantastic to get you onboard, if you could host. Races are at 16 Central European time, currently observing summer time (I have to say it the long way, yes)

Back