Dedicated server setup help

c0rn

Hi everybody!

I know there is many threads about setting up a dedicated server. I have my own server at home and I have setup a dedicated rFactor running ok on it. My friends can connect and all is fine. But I would like to change some settings that I cannot find in the application for the dedicated server.

Is there a way to setup the server so its only in practice mode? I want to setup a server that is only for practice but I cannot seem to find that anywhere.

Is there any application/mod that I can use to setup more options?

Did you try to manage the duration of the practice session with the following entry in the Multiplayer.ini of the server?

Practice 1 Time="20" // 0 = use default from GDB, otherwise this is # of minutes for practice 1 (1-10 by 1, 15-90 by 5, 105-165 by 15)

I dont know if you can bypass the race session but you can take off qualification and warmup.

Go on your Userdata/"your name"/"yourname.plr" and find the lines below:

[ Race Conditions ]
Run Practice1="1"
Run Practice2="1"
Run Practice3="1"
Run Practice4="1"
Run Qualify="0"
Run Warmup="0"

You can have 4 practice sessions, assign the biggest possible time, place a race with 1 lap so it can be bypassed easily and there you have it.

You can also go on your track folder, open the .GDB file with notepad, check for ex. " Practice1Duration = 30" and place "Practice1Duration = 1440". This will do a 24h practice.
If you´re using it online you need to assign "use track default" on server console on practice duration. Remember you need to give all other drivers the new .gdb to avoid mismatches.

Back