DFGT and CST elite pedals

Dorian Lambert

I have been trying to get my Logitech DFGT wheel to work correctly. You have to turn the wheel 2 complete turns to the wheel in game to turn any at all.

I have tried all the different settings and any idea that I could think of, but nothing.

I have wasted my whole trial trying to get it to work, but if someones knows a fix, i'll buy the game to race dirt late models.

My CST elite pedals won't work at all, they all work perfectly in iracing.

Thanks for any help.

So, both wheel and pedals works as expected in their respective driver's settings?
You have configured them in rF properly, including assigning pedals, right?

As for steering rate, you setup steering ratio (in whatever car you picked up for testing) to what should be for given steering lock for your DFGT?

I try and assign pedals but nothing happens

Steering ratio, I am using the dirt late model and I goto the settings tab and play with everything there

Instead of "playing with everything" there, set the steering ratio to something normal. You didn't say though, what wheel lock you have set for your DFGT, so I can't give you a tip about steering lock.

Do you have more than 3 controllers connected?

Also, answer my first question from my previous post.

Yes they work fine in there respective drivers sorry!!

I have a DFGT, CST elite pedals and a Nostromo N52 connected right now. I use the N52 as a button box in iracing.

I don't see any place to set my steering ratio, so I really don't know how to do that.

I really do appreciate you trying to help and I usually don't have any trouble like this.

Steering ratio = wheel lock / total steering lock.
Typical (VERY general statement, as that parameter varies very much from car to car) is 15:1. That means, 15* of steering wheel rotation equals 1* of wheel turn.

In the Logitech's driver settings, you can set your wheel lock from 40 to 900*.
In rFactor, under Garage -> General tab, you can set Steering Lock parameter. You have to remember though, that in rFactor you set steering lock as a half-range of wheels turn range. So, if you set 17 degrees, then that means, your car's wheels can turn 17 deg. to the left and 17 deg. to the right, from its straight-ahead position (so, the total steering lock, which is from left to right, will be 34 degrees).

If your DFGT is set to 900, and as a starting point, you want steering ratio of 15:1, then you have to set steering lock in rF to 30 degrees (because: (900/15)/2 = 30 ).

As for issue with assigning pedals - disconnect DFGT and that N52 thing (so leave just the pedals connected - assume they are as a seprate device with their own USB controller? ) and then check them in rF.

Back